Best Place to Buy Specialized Frameset?

kwmi
kwmi Posts: 15
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
I was hit by a car and my S-Works Tarmac was totalled (cracked chainstay). I got a check from my insurance company to repair the bike and I am wondering if there are any good tips to getting a good deal on a new frameset? I'm waiting too look around at my LBS for black friday sales but am wondering if there are any good online stores that may be selling older molders at closeout / discounted prices? I'd like to be able to get the Specialized warranty wherever I do buy so that is a factor as well. Appreciate any input or advice.

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Sigma Sports - They also seem to have Sigma specific paint options and the shop is first class its a real treat to go and have a walk round.
  • IMO the best place is the one that you feel confident will provide good service, particularly after sales should anything go wrong, and where you feel you know them well enough to be able to negotiate on price. Brought my first specialized from my LBS and second from a concept store as the LBS no longer stock the brand. Was very happy on both occasions, got good service and a price I was happy with.
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Certini Bicycle Company.
    Got my 2016 model S-Works Tarmac frame on sale from them at a fantastic price and service was second to none.
    A quick look on their site is showing their black friday sale is already on, so you might get an even better deal depending on what you are after.

Best wishes whatever you go for - horrible to have an accident but as long as you're ok, the bike can always be replaced!
  • kwmi
    Should have mentioned I'm shopping in the US here. Lots of nice online retailers based in UK that have what I'm looking for (new in box older frame model on sale) but won't ship to US. Anybody have anything similar based in US or that will ship to US? Seems Specialized has a hold on the distribution.
  • kwmi
    Just picked one up on eBay, thanks for input!
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    I'd have got the original frame repaired and pocketed the likely difference.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • SJH76
    SJH76 Posts: 191
    Do you still have the old broken frame? A chainstay is an easy fix so long as it's not too near the BB shell. As Svetty says above. Could have saved a few bucks. Or at least use it for indoor or a winter bike you don't mind getting a bit scuffed.
  • I have a Tarmac SL4 that was recently in a collision, I need a new set of forks if anyone knows where I might get some?
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Check the Specialized Crash Replacement Program - if they still do it, I think you can get a frame at cost price or significant reduction from them - I know a mate of mine did on his singlespeed a few years back.