Skill progression

Perfectpopup
Perfectpopup Posts: 3
edited December 2018 in MTB beginners
Dear All ,

I have been back mountain biking for almost nine months now after training and completing a charity ride , I now ride for pleasure mainly in and around the South Downs way , last weekend I competed in the southern enduro and to be honest was well out of my depth .

The thing is I would like to improve my riding skills , ie : drops small jumps , switch backs etc .

I am after a beginner style trail that would allow me at my own pace to practise and hopefully master , making me a better rider

Like I say I’m Sussex based , and ideas , hints , help or suggestions greatly received

Paul

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    In the absence of anyone giving a personal recco, I'd just Google "Introductory MTB skills course" and see what you get back. There will be quite a few to choose from, so you should be able to get one in your general area, although I'd make a point of looking for reviews for whoever you find before you book.

Do it, it was the best money I spent when I did it ten years ago.
  • Great idea , had a quick look and though a little pricey certainly agree the advice and training would be great , many thanks for your time 8)
  • I also agree, I have been riding for just over a year now and had the basics down to what I thought they needed to be but after taking a course I feel way more confident in myself and it also helped me to understand techniques I never considered before.
  • Go see Tony Doyle (uses the name Jedi online) at UK Bike Skills in Hertford. Well worth the trip/money as he is a brilliant teacher, as well as a great rider
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • slc123
    slc123 Posts: 407
    Tom Howard wrote:
    Go see Tony Doyle (uses the name Jedi online) at UK Bike Skills in Hertford. Well worth the trip/money as he is a brilliant teacher, as well as a great rider

I've not ridden with Tony, but a few mates have and he's highly recommended!
    Cannondale Trail 27.5 | 2015
    Titus El Chulo 27.5 | 2017
    Trek Slash 9 27.5 | 2015 (building)