Best Xc bike on the market

davinet78
davinet78 Posts: 8
edited November 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi
In your opinion what’s the best xc mountain bike on The market and why?
Thanks

Comments

• moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    i was looking at a 2019 Giant Anthem 29er and Santa Cruz Blur before settling on a Giant Trance as i thought the pure XC might be a bit too focused.

but both get great reviews....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    How long is a piece of string?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gomezz
    gomezz Posts: 99
    The one that your riding, with a smile on your face.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Scott Spark RC seems to have got decent race results over the years, nothing to do with the rider :lol:
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    davinet78 wrote:
    Hi
    In your opinion what’s the best xc mountain bike on The market and why?
    Thanks

Define "best".
    Do you want a fast bike for racing, a comfortable bike for all-day rides, hard tail, full sus, carbon, aluminium, steel, titanium, etc? Or do you just want something very expensive?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    And how deep are your pockets.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Given how the Pro's turn up to events with at least 2 bikes, one HT and one FS, clearly there is no one THE BEST.

Decide first on your budget (If you really want THE BEST it will need to be circa £6000 plus) and whether its to be an HT or an FS and then you can get slightly more meaningful answers.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Obviously there won't be a single "right" answer, but that doesn't make it a bad question. There isn't going to be one bike that's best in every situation, but there will be a single bike that, in your opinion, offers the most positives with the fewest compromises. It's interesting to hear different thoughts on different bikes, frame materials, suspension preferences and what have you.
    I'd nominate the Scott Spark RC as the top choice. Based on reviews, race results and it's total dominance on the World Cup scene under Nino Schurter. It's race efficient and fast, full suspension with lockout giving good adaptability to any terrain, modern geometry so not too steep and skittish on tech. But that's on paper, and when I put my money where my mouth is, I ride a Specialized Epic :lol: