Fuji 2.1 good deal of not?

Jeztheshed
Jeztheshed Posts: 17
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi I've been looking at this bike. 50 percent off 600 quid reduced from 1.2k (allegedly) on chain reaction/wiggle. Seems decent only thing is it's a bit heavy at 10.5kg but I'm looking to lose weight anyway.

There are no online reviews whatsoever.for this model.

I'm wanting something fun to ride that can go pretty fast but is also durable. Any thoughts as to how good value this bike is and will it be decent? Thanks in advance

The specs are
Features:
Frame: A6-SL super-butted 6066 aluminium with shaped top tube & integrated tapered head tube with 1 1/2" lower, oversized 34.9mm round seat tube, BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts
Fork: Alloy blade cross fork, alloy crown with tapered alloy steerer & alloy dropouts
Number Of Gears: 20
Bottle Cage Mounts: Single
Wheelset: Vera Corsa DPD22, 24/28h Formula disc hubs
Crankset: Oval Concepts 300, forged 6066 arms, Praxis rings, 46/36T
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra, braze-on mount
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed
Brake Type: Cable Disc Brake
Brakes: Tektro Mira, 160mm rotors
Chain: KMC X10, 10-speed with MissingLink
Cassette: Shimano Tiagra, 11-32T, 10-speed
Cassette Range: 11-32 Tooth
Handlebars: Oval Concepts 310 Ergo, 6061 Alloy, 31.8mm clamp, 133mm drop, 4 degrees sweep
Seat Post: Oval Concepts 300, 6061 Alloy, 27.2mm diameter
Saddle: Oval Concepts 238, steel rail
Tyres: Challenge Chicane 700 x 33c, 30tpi
Stem: Oval Concepts 313, 3D-forged 6061 stem body, +/-7 degrees
Weight: 10.57kg

Comments

• The spec is not that of a £1,200 bike, £600 sounds about right to be honest. I think there are better options out there for your budget.

Cheap mechanical (i.e they use a cable rather than hydraulic) disk brakes can be a pain to keep running nicely.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Agree with the above. The spec looks ok for £600 but not really a £1200 bike.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Thanks for the responses. Is there a bike with better spec for the same money you would recommend?

I could actually spend up to £1000
  • Looks like you want a fairly versatile machine which can do a bit of off roading so I'd suggest the new Triban RC520 at Decathlon. Even leaves you with £280 left over to buy other things such a good tires for it.
  • Both suggestions are great value. Tempted by the planet X read bike, never had a full carbon bike before. I'd probably are j it though, looking for something durable. The decathalon one is amazing value for some 105, semi hydraulic brakes and carbon forks. Need to have a think. Thanks for suggestionsmuch appreciated.