Zwift companion issues

SJH76
SJH76 Posts: 191
Does anyone know how to solve my setup issue?

I'm running Zwift on Apple TV 4K using an Elite Drivo trainer connected together using Bluetooth.

The issue is that I have to use my android phones 4G to provide the internet link with the apple TV connected via a hotspot. Because of this I can't get companion to synch with it when I'm riding and can't use the functionality on my phone - which would be quite handy considering the apple TV remote is a pain to use when riding.

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    SJH76 wrote:
    Does anyone know how to solve my setup issue?

I'm running Zwift on Apple TV 4K using an Elite Drivo trainer connected together using Bluetooth.

The issue is that I have to use my android phones 4G to provide the internet link with the apple TV connected via a hotspot. Because of this I can't get companion to synch with it when I'm riding and can't use the functionality on my phone - which would be quite handy considering the apple TV remote is a pain to use when riding.

I haven't used apple tv but do the same with PC and Android tablets and the companion app works fine. maybe an apple/android problem?

do you have a old or different phone you could also connect to the hotspot and us the companion app from that?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    yup - I'd use the second option - use a second phone connected to the hotspot as your companion app/remote control.
  • SJH76
    SJH76 Posts: 191
    No second device unfortunately. I don't need it that must to make getting another device worthwhile. I'd rather just figure out why it's not playing. Android / Apple conflict could be a reason. Apple seem to make things easy right up to the point you want to introduce non Apple products into the mix.