BMC SLR02.......deal?

bukowski102
bukowski102 Posts: 88
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi peeps

Just tried a Bmc Team Machine at Evans and was impressed while trying it with flat pedals.
I’m interested in using in recreationally and for some crit races.
It’s the grey orange version with Ultegra and seemed simailar geometry to my caad12.
So Evans have it at around 2000 grand which is my limit but i have found it at 1500 delivered from a German respected site.

So my question is, is that a good deal? (Slr02 frame Ultegra aksiums)
And does anyone have one and can recommend it.....

Many thanks guys

J

Comments

• This is the bike, colour scheme has grown a bit on me!

https://www.evanscycles.com/bmc-teammac ... e-EV302693
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    I take it you've seen all the press around Evans, and on here?

Your store may or may not be around to service the warranty, if that's important to you.
  • Big Harv wrote:
    I take it you've seen all the press around Evans, and on here?

Your store may or may not be around to service the warranty, if that's important to you.

Thanks but if i go for the bike i will be buying from a large bike shop in Germany

Any reviews?

Thanks
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I've only ridden the ALR versions of the Team Machine and found them to be pretty good.
    I guess I'd be looking to compare the price difference between the BMC SLR Ultegra and the 2018 version of the Supersix. Over here the Supersix Ultegra version comes out a bit cheaper. Both have the same groupset and the same wheels.
    I'm not a fan of the Aksiums, what ever bike I went for I'd make sure I kept enough spare budget to swap the wheels out as soon as I could.
    I'd say that both the Supersix and the BMC would be very similar performance wise.
  • Is that price delivered and with any tax paid?
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Just bought this exact bike and it is excellent. Bought from Evans with £200 trade in so just a shade under £2000 for me. Only done about 100 miles on it but I love it. It will not see much action over the winter but the ride quality is superb: stiff, comfortable and reasonably light - sub 8kg and will be less when I fit my Cero wheels to it next year. The colour scheme will probably divide opinion but looks a lot better in the flesh, it is a kind of satin finish as opposed to gloss or matt and there is actually quite a lot of black in the colour scheme that is not obvious from pictures. I’m sure you already know this if you have seen it in Evans.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Thigh_burn wrote:
    Is that price delivered and with any tax paid?

Yes I rang the company who told me price is 1560 including everything,

Thanks for the posts, still quite a bit to pay which is essentially frame and components, will upgrade wheels in future.

Now have 4 to choose from all non disk

=giant propel advanced pro - tried quickly felt ok
    =Bmc slr02 - tried recently good fit slightly low stack
    =Orbea orca pro m20 - Better fit but didn’t feel as responsive
    =Supersix evo - don’t really frame colour schemes

?????????????????????????????????
  • Love the look of the BMC.

Yes the aksiums are heavy but they are bulletproof so just use them through winter whilst saving for your summer set!

I'd say for the spec it is a good deal.