De Ronde Sportive 2019

Beatmaker
Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
Entries open tomorrow, it'll be my fifth. Who else is doing it next year?

Comments

• A week after Brexit, will they lett us in
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,604
    mac111051 wrote:
    A week after Brexit, will they lett us in

Worth bearing in mind that crossing the channel 'could' be a bit messy at that point.

I'm going for Gent Wevelgum, its pre-madness, hopefully. :D
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    mac111051 wrote:
    I'm planning to do the RVV Apr and am considering potential problems also, but not really expecting any....they didn't mind letting my great grandad come over back in 1914. The Gent Wevelgem weekends a brilliant alternative and lower key than the RVV which may be a bonus, plus more cycling to be had over the whole weekend with the E3 aswell.
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • mac111051 wrote:
    Go a week early, hide under a bed and hope you don't get deported.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,604
    CarbonClem wrote:
    mac111051 wrote:

Worth bearing in mind that crossing the channel 'could' be a bit messy at that point.

I'm going for Gent Wevelgum, its pre-madness, hopefully. :D

I realised that E3 is the 29th which is D-Day, so I got that wrong. It could be the worst weekend to travel :lol:

However, as things stand, I think it will be ok.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    kirkee wrote:
    mac111051 wrote:
    I'm planning to do the RVV Apr and am considering potential problems also, but not really expecting any....they didn't mind letting my great grandad come over back in 1914. The Gent Wevelgem weekends a brilliant alternative and lower key than the RVV which may be a bonus, plus more cycling to be had over the whole weekend with the E3 aswell.

We did that weekend last year - best weekend ever ! This year is my first Paris Roubaix which should be fun :?

April 23 or thereabouts so hopefully the French will be behaving themselves !!
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    De Ronde; is that the RVV? If so then yes, I rode it this year for the first time. I don't usually enter sportives as they aren't my kind of thing but I have entered again for April 2019 (179km) as I enjoyed it so much.

Here's a short video of my experiences this year.

Sometimes (Lester Piggot)

Apologies for the shaky bits but there are cobbles you know!

We are returning to the same hotel as last year. this time taking 14 of us all planning on riding together. The hotel is within riding distance of the start/finish line.
    FCN = 4