ultegra cassette 11 speed

challengedavid
challengedavid Posts: 273
edited November 2018 in Workshop
purchased a used ultegra 11s cassette, received whats in the photo, to me it looks like its made up of 3 different cassettes, x2 different spiders and silver alloy spacers, my question is,
is it acceptable to receive this?

thanks
ulJdQjf.jpg

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    That appears to be an Ultegra 11s cassette - not sure what the issue is..?

If you're uncertain, then just google some pics like this: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shi ... -32-625109
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    They're manufactured that way, perfectly normal as posted by Imposter. They have been making various cassettes like this for years.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Whilst I bowe to imposters knowledge and experience, I would be wary of that. Two different spider materials and a silver top. I have a a couple
    Of Ultegra cassettes and they’re black in 11 speed.
  • imposter2.0
    Whilst I bowe to imposters knowledge and experience, I would be wary of that. Two different spider materials and a silver top. I have a a couple

Vino - click on the link I posted...
  • Whilst I bowe to imposters knowledge and experience, I would be wary of that. Two different spider materials and a silver top. I have a a couple
    thats what i thought, strange like its from different cassettes

all mine have been black spiders, black spacers and a black lock ring
  • imposter2.0

Did you not click on the link either?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Imposter wrote:

Did you not click on the link either?

yes i clicked the link and the spiders and lock ring are black???

I might be missing something thats obvious?
  • imposter2.0
    Not sure the colours are relevant, but could just be lighting. Lock ring - who cares? The point is the cassette components are identical in make-up, which is what the OP was questioning..
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    I don't understand the logic of buying used consumables that are obviously subject to wear on ebay.........
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Svetty wrote:
    I don't understand the logic of buying used consumables that are obviously subject to wear on ebay.........
    ..........and aren’t exactly expensive to buy new anyway!
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Something's not right. The silver spider is reminiscent of the 10 speed cassette. In fact I think it is a 10 speed 105 or Ultegra cluster.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646
    Something's not right. The silver spider is reminiscent of the 10 speed cassette. In fact I think it is a 10 speed 105 or Ultegra cluster.
    Think you may be right, except for the black spider part. Bit of image searching suggests that "11S" should be stamped somewhere, at least on the clusters (possibly not on the single rings, if these are the same thickness for 10 and 11, which I think they are.... )