The CVRcade thread

2»

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    All I know I just havent the time to mess about with something like this.
    The 'market' for training apps must be getting to the point of saturation... cycling aint exactly a mass participation sport... or even a mass participation hobby.
    Sufferfest will do for another month of pre season
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Looks terrible, I won't be giving it a try.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks dreadful! Sufferfest for me. I still have a zwift subscription for my daughter and occasionally use that still though.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I'm not one to knock something before I try it, so I did ...

CVRCade Beta – First Ride & Review

It was, errrrr, two hours of my life that could have been better spent? :shock:
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    At least the fella's only burning his own money and not wasting everyone else's.
  • zeee
    zeee Posts: 103
    I just don't understand these people. Surely they did some form of market research before pumping money into developing an 80s space themed cycling platform! A lot of zwift users weren't happy about the new York course because it was too futuristic/unrealistic. But the courses CVRcade are pushing are just a joke. On their Facebook page they say they are concentrating on physics/gameplay and people looking for pretty graphics should look elsewhere. I get that physics/dynamics take priority but at least make courses that look somewhere you would actually cycle. And make the bikes look like actual bikes. It made me laugh when they published the first images and then came out a few days later and said it was a joke. But it actually wasn't!
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Zeee wrote:
    I just don't understand these people.

The fella's got super deep pockets and has probably surrounded himself with "yes-men/women" who are quite happy to take the coin on offer.

Classic "IT project" hubris and overreach, why most of 'em go t!ts up.
  • So ..... Anybody actually stick with this after their first ride?

:lol: