Evans Ride it Leicester- still on?

siddy1972
siddy1972 Posts: 180
Some of my work colleagues have signed up for the Evans Ride It Leicester. Having read about Evans recent problems and takeover, I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s any impact on the events?
They still seem to be listing it on the website, but I’m not sure that’s the best indication...
Anyone have any info?

Comments

• Haven’t heard of it not going ahead. There’s a few of us doing it but we’re just joining onto the back once people come out of Mallory Park then following the route.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Aah free loaders. Why would you do that. Even if you don't stop at the feeds - there's going to be nicer routes around.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    oxoman wrote:
    I would imagine it's still going ahead, but clingons aren't very nice on organised sportives.
    I have a mate who's done just that on the last 3 Ride London.He's also done it on the Fred Whitton,Etape Dales,Etape Loch Ness and many other Sportives :roll:
    When I asked him why he doesn't just ride them another day if he wants to do it for nowt he said he likes the atmosphere of Sportives but doesn't like paying :|
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    grief , is the pirate debate still going on in the sportive world?
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Haven’t heard of it not going ahead. There’s a few of us doing it but we’re just joining onto the back once people come out of Mallory Park then following the route.

And that's exactly why they're going under! :lol:
  • Definitely not paying now I know Mr Ashley is at the helm.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Buy you weren't anyway...

Can't imagine why Evans is struggling....