OT: garage / man cave

2»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    now i'm staying put i'm going to F1 style out my garage, walls floor, ceiling doors and tool storage upgrades ahoy

then i'll turn my attention to the many household jobs
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    My double garage is slowly, but surely becoming my gym, to allow me to avoid the great unwashed, potential C-19 carriers at my usual training establishment. Now that we are a 2 car family again, even though the missus is still banned until January, the cars don't actually fit in the garage with enough room to get in/out of them so I've commandeered the space for my needs meaning what was the gym above the garage can be turned into a home office now that we are both WFH far more than in the past.
    Bar a workshop area, there won't be anything cycling specific in my home gym, it'll be for "pumping iron" only. The idea of riding a bike, but not actually going anywhere doesn't do it for me and working outside year round for the past 35 years has made me impervious to the typical British weather.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Party at ITB's then :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Bit of a cave reorg today and it’s already a much more usable space time to built a proper worktop and paint everything white
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited November 2020
    So, i've bought some foil backed, bubble wrap stuff to insulate the new man-cave. Then planning on lining it with 8mm tongue and groove cladding.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VVX18rWx4jK1DBCS8

PXL_20201125_101536684.jpg
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    elbowloh said:

So, i've bought some foil backed, bubble wrap stuff to insulate the new man-cave. Then planning on lining it with 8mm tongue and groove cladding.

Is the bike there just for the photo?
    Just thinking it might be better to try and put it under the window or at the back so it's not on display to prying eyes in case anyone gets any ideas.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

elbowloh said:

Is the bike there just for the photo?
    Just thinking it might be better to try and put it under the window or at the back so it's not on display to prying eyes in case anyone gets any ideas.
    that was just because i was moving stuff around in there. There are actually 7 bikes in there at the moment (2 are my brothers which he needs to come and get soon)!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk