2019 GT Sensor

colcol
colcol Posts: 10
edited November 2018 in MTB buying advice
I'm in the market for a 29er, it's my first FS currently ride a Boardman Hardtail. ive been doing a good lot of research and the GT Sensor seems to offer what I'm after, a short travel 29er and the carbon version with NX Eagle is about my budget.
However are there other options I'm missing out?

Comments

• Hi and welcome to the forum.
    What's your budget? What type of riding do you do? Where do you ride now? Are you happy to buy online?

You will get all of these questions. And I guarantee that someone here will be able to suggest a better specced bike out there for what you need.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • colcol
    colcol Posts: 10
    Budget £ 2-2.5k, possibly 3 at a push, mostly XC type stuff but live near dunkeld so try and tackle some steeper trails. Quite enjoy technical climbs but I'm 16stone.
    I THINK I need a shorter travel 29er, with as low gearing as practical, I would buy online, or even used.
    I fancy carbon but maybe an alloy frame with carbon wheels would be as good? That's why the GT looked like good value. Or are 27.5 wheels as good for pedalling?
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    How about the Radon Skeen Trail?

It is a German import, but look at the spec. The price range is €1799 to €2599, which is £1575 to £2277

https://www.radon-bikes.de/en/mountainb ... een-trail/

130 front, 120 rear 29er