Vanity project - custom colour parts

toner343gs
toner343gs Posts: 4
edited November 2018 in Road buying advice
I’ve had an old aluminium road frame lying about doing nothing for a while and have decided I’d like to get it back on the road. I would like to use custom components but want to get them all from one company if possible (don’t want to have different shades messing up the look!). I’m aware of Uber Bikes and Superstar Components but was wondering if anyone knew of any other companies making custom components for road bikes? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
*custom mainly meaning painted!

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Wouldn't anodising be better?

Painted parts will scuff.

Just get black stuff. Much cheaper.
  • Hi cougie,
    I appreciate black parts may be cheaper, however it’s a vanity project for a reason! I have a regular road and mtb bike but want to do something a bit different with this frame.
    The type of custom part companies I’m talking about offer products like this https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view ... Compatible which are totally compatible and have been anodised.
    Just looking for some alternative companies to scout out before taking the plunge.
    Cheers.
  • Just buy the parts you want in any colour, then take them all to a paint sprayer to strip off the finish and paint them all in the custom colour you want.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    If colour is your only concern get them direct from China, use Ali Express app or similar
  • trek_dan wrote:
    If colour is your only concern get them direct from China, use Ali Express app or similar

Cheers for the advice. It's mainly going to be for riding round town and popping to the shops etc so questionable quality parts isn't too much of an issue. I'll scout it out, thanks.