tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,872
edited November 2018 in The bottom bracket
Slow start as I’m working locally as the car is in for a recall

So off for a run with the hound now. Later will be ale as today is my Friday

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a wet start to the day , fed up with winter already, definitely need to get a bike set up in the trainer although I am not keen on indoor cycling
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Early train in as interviewing. It's for a minions minion but I need put in a cameo appearance and see if they pass the human being/does the face fit tests.

Then more busyness including another interview this afternoon. The fun never stops.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Just seen a news item where a homeless disabled kid in Bromley was given a half eaten, out of date packet of Haribo for trick or treat. The search is on for the tight git who gave it them.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Morning

Usual Thursday run to the train station ended abruptly after only 1.2 miles. Limping around now taking all the sympathy I can get and hoping the GF will come and pick me up later.

Planning a day of QA stuff today so my brain can go to sleep.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Just seen a news item where a homeless disabled kid in Bromley was given a half eaten, out of date packet of Haribo for trick or treat. The search is on for the tight git who gave it them.
    Did it mention a dog attack as well?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    First week of new job going pretty well, definitely glad i made the move if only for the commute now taking about 7 minutes instead of over 45!

loud keyboard man is still alive which could be my biggest achievement so far in the job!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Not much to report, the boy handled last nights trick-or-treat kids and I made a curry. They're a sly lot only leaving those dry powdery lollies and taking all the Haribo, the bastards...

Site meeting today, then a lot of mot very much.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, mahoosive deluge I manage to dodge coming in so many drowned rats which is always amusing.

Halloween was quiet zero trick or treaters likely the hill put them off. still no loss I didnt buy anything in anyway. very little planned today picking up some orders so get to pedal around later to the shops thats about it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Shorty went trick or treating last night and came back with a wheel barrow full of sweets.
    Today's local rag headline: Primary 1 children; Worse dental record in Scotland.

Very sunny, not too cold, not a cloud in the sky and just a small breeze.
    Must get ball rolling in certain areas regarding certain things financial.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Damp and hungry. Mrs ranting at the children. I couldn't help saying that we all managed quite happily with no yelling for 5 days. Children agreed vociferously, so she's in a foul mood, flounced round the house trying to pick fault with my housekeeping, before disappearing to catch her train in a whirl of slammed doors and bad temper. What the fcuk is it that makes *some* women like this? Pain in the @rse if you ask me. :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    hopkinb wrote:
    Damp and hungry. Mrs ranting at the children. I couldn't help saying that we all managed quite happily with no yelling for 5 days. Children agreed vociferously, so she's in a foul mood, flounced round the house trying to pick fault with my housekeeping, before disappearing to catch her train in a whirl of slammed doors and bad temper. What the fcuk is it that makes *some* women like this? Pain in the @rse if you ask me. :roll:

I concur.
    Shouting does not work and I find myself being sucked in to shouting at them. So I make the conscious effort to do things differently and then the girls ignore mum and listen to me.
    That causes seismic reactions from mum.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    I would go to the pub tonight if I was you
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

:lol:

She's out. Some work thing. To be fair, she does also calm down quickly, no simmering. Just boils over quickly.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

She's out. Some work thing. To be fair, she does also calm down quickly, no simmering. Just boils over quickly.
    I would still go to the pub
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Early train in as interviewing. It's for a minions minion but I need put in a cameo appearance and see if they pass the human being/does the face fit tests.

I trust you've got your diversity targets to hand, and have taken appropriate anti-unconscious bias training.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Stevo_666
    drlodge wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I trust you've got your diversity targets to hand, and have taken appropriate anti-unconscious bias training.
    Well the candidates could best be described as 'diverse', although that reminds me I didn't do the unconscious bias training as apparently I have an unconscious bias against unconscious bias training.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

There's something out on the interweb titled 'women - a chemical analysis' which you might want to google and show to her, apparently it explains all of this :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon folks,
    Later start than normal as had to drop the female child at the school in Worcester Park, traffic wasn't too bad and the rain was falling so I got lazy and didn't ditch the car in favour of the bike. I may regret this come 5.30.
    So where does Mrs H³ come on the fit/crazy spectrum? There's only one way to find out.
    Why did the fit HR girl walk up behind me to ask a question as I typed that? Thankfully I don't think she read the screen before I changed it to another window.
    I'm going to a pub again tonight. Halloween beer festival at the pub down the road. Woohoo!
    Chris Bass wrote:
    loud keyboard man is still alive which could be my biggest achievement so far in the job!
    Would him not being alive have been an even greater achievement?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Sadly back at work for a few days, on the good side no putting up with arsy kids. Night ride later on cx. Enjoy your day.

I do night rides in Thetford Forest (it is part of Poland) on a Tuesday - really enjoyable and sentient.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    hopkinb wrote:

Thx for marrying her.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Would him not being alive have been an even greater achievement?

Gotta leave something for week 2
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well the candidates could best be described as 'diverse', although that reminds me I didn't do the unconscious bias training as apparently I have an unconscious bias against unconscious bias training.

Better get yourself off to Gulag 13 then.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Stevo_666
    drlodge wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Better get yourself off to Gulag 13 then.
    I would have thought that half an hour in Cake Stop would do.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So where does Mrs H³ come on the fit/crazy spectrum? There's only one way to find out.
    Why did the fit HR girl walk up behind me to ask a question as I typed that? Thankfully I don't think she read the screen before I changed it to another window.
    :)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=incSwssUyp4

Probably should have left Mrs. 666 in the date zone...