Di2 newbie question

siddy1972
siddy1972 Posts: 180
edited November 2018 in Workshop
I have Di2 9150 on my Cannondale synapse, and I’m going to switch over the chainrings from 50/34 to 52/36.
My question is, is all I have to do just shift up the FD to accommodate the bigger chainring- or is there any jiggery pokery needed in the software?
Thanks.

Comments

• I guess it would depend on whether you use Synchro Shift, in which case change the chainring variables in the etube software?
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Moving the FD up to allow for the bigger ring obviously involves loosening it. It could mean you'll have to set the front derailleur indexing again, but it's no big deal with Di2.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • You will need to move the FD up. If you have incredibly stable hands then you might get away with just moving it up but chances are you'll probably knock the indexing out slightly when twisting it. Just re-adjust it the same way you would with a non-di2 FD.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    You will need to move the FD up. If you have incredibly stable hands then you might get away with just moving it up but chances are you'll probably knock the indexing out slightly when twisting it. Just re-adjust it the same way you would with a non-di2 FD.

Ooh! there's an echo. :D
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.