Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Do I need tyres >32mm

herts_mamilherts_mamil Posts: 6
edited October 2018 in Road buying advice
I'm after a new bike.... I ride to work occasionally (11miles each way), I like a ride at the weekend of 3-4 hours, i'm not a racer, something comfortortable wins over a super stiff carbon weapon

I currently ride a Spesh Sectuer (58cm) which is a nice enough bike to ride, but it's ugly and I don't love it

I want to replace it with a do-it-all bike and dont mind spending a few quid. My current short list is a Bowman Pilgrims, or a Mason Bokeh, both of which I think I'd cherish, both look the bollox. My only concern with the Bowman is the tyre clearance. All the new gravel/adventure bikes can take 40+ tyres and the Bowman can possibly take a 32. But I'm questioning whether I need anythig bigger than a 32 anyway, the 28's on my Sectuer seem comfy enough, would a 32 be ok on the odd bridleway? Does anyone actually use a Bokeh with mountain bike tyres?

questions, questions... :?

• oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,480
    Can't comment on the bikes but you should be ok with 32s on most stuff, I've ridden bridal ways and gravel tracks on 25s with no issues.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • It may be nice occasionally to put some 35's or 40's on but 32's will probably get you most places in comfort
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles