I guess it just wasn't his time.

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited October 2018 in The cake stop
Even luckier than Richard Ashcroft or Joan Armatrading! :shock:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/topvide ... vi-BBOU02K

Comments

  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,703
    What the hell kind of roads system is that?
    No painted lines so everybody has right of way. :shock: :?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,415
    :shock: Jeeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!! :shock:


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I’d guess the red car/bike have right of way as the white lines are continuous dashes where as the lines on the road where the truck is stop either side.
    The truck is in the wrong.Not great markings as we know it but I’m sure it makes sense there.
    It almost looks staged to me but if it is real then the cyclist is one lucky mofo.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    You say lucky - but I'd rather not have been involved at all...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,703
    Also, why is the cyclist in the wrong lane?
    Lucky not to be head on with the car.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Cyclist is using the pedestrian crossing. Box van has Cyrillic looking script.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    As per the painted lines etc, a few years ago in one of the Scandinavian countries (can't remember which one) the government trialled removing ALL markings, lights, signs etc in one town to the result that accident rates and injures almost disappeared. Theory being that people actually had to think what came next and applied more caution to it.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Mouth wrote:
    As per the painted lines etc, a few years ago in one of the Scandinavian countries (can't remember which one) the government trialled removing ALL markings, lights, signs etc in one town to the result that accident rates and injures almost disappeared. Theory being that people actually had to think what came next and applied more caution to it.

    ISTR there was a rigid 50 km/h speed limit everywhere and traffic HAD to give priority to anything coming from the right. 'Anything' included pedestrians.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,703
    Robert88 wrote:
    Cyclist is using the pedestrian crossing. Box van has Cyrillic looking script.
    At the time of the accident.
    Not at the immediate start of the video. Just seems dangerous all round to me.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Cyclist is using the pedestrian crossing. Box van has Cyrillic looking script.
    At the time of the accident.
    Not at the immediate start of the video. Just seems dangerous all round to me.

    Sure. Cyclists aren't pedestrians and shouldn't expect to be treated as such on crossings, that's what they were trying to get through to him. It's in the HC somewhere.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,703
    Robert88 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Cyclist is using the pedestrian crossing. Box van has Cyrillic looking script.
    At the time of the accident.
    Not at the immediate start of the video. Just seems dangerous all round to me.

    Sure. Cyclists aren't pedestrians and shouldn't expect to be treated as such on crossings, that's what they were trying to get through to him. It's in the HC somewhere.
    @ 0:00 in, on the left hand side of the road.
    I'll just move on though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Cyrillic equivalent of Prioritaire a droite..?

    Spend a whole season driving in a town with that and still don't quite have the hang of it...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    ddraver wrote:
    Cyrillic equivalent of Prioritaire a droite..?

    Spend a whole season driving in a town with that and still don't quite have the hang of it...

    Don't worry, after Brexit you will not have a valid driving licence or be insured there.