New turbo? (Zwift on Apple TV)

ADSmith
ADSmith Posts: 6
I'm using an Elite Rampa for Zwift with Apple TV. There is no way of calibrating this trainer without a power meter so I've no idea how accurate it is, but I'm pretty sure it's over-reporting my power by a fair bit as there's no way I can match my Zwift speeds on climbs in real life. Also, the resistance isn't realistic (too low) and this seems worse on the Apple TV than it was when I was using my laptop. I don't want to go back to using the laptop as its frame rate wasn't great and the Apple TV is so much more convenient.

I also tried Fulgaz on Apple TV and the resistance was even lower than on Zwift, to the point that I couldn't get 200W on a flat road when spinning out in top gear.

Halfords have a few offers on some older direct drive trainers now: Tacx Flux £450, Tacx Neo £899 and Elite Drivo (original white one) £600. I'm tempted to get one of these, but worry that the problems are down to the Apple TV rather than Zwift. There seem to be a lot of people getting low resistance with Apple TV on different trainers. I don't want to get a new trainer and still have the low resistance, or find that it gets fixed by Zwift and the Rampa would work properly.

Anyone have recent experience of using one of these trainers with Zwift on Apple TV?

Thanks

Comments

• I'm using a Tacx Flux and FulGaz through Apple TV. I'm still getting used to it but definitely haven't noticed low resistance. In fact I'd say the issue is the opposite. I can't do climbs on 100% gradient setting