Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

WFHTFI Friday

tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
WFH on a Friday is an absolute bonus as ended up going out with friends last night as ‘schools out’ mentality infected the parents from the kids

Later is unsure but I think we may go out for dinner

Posts

  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
    Morning slackers. Nice to see someone take up the mantle. Stuck at work till later doing sweet FA. Might have a few beers later.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Morning, leaving at 12 to go south for the OH's family. Weekend will be spent watching her ask her bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. I think my best bet is to get pissed and take some ear plugs. Also need to buy some new jeans at some point... Coffee time.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning, leaving at 12 to go south for the OH's family. Weekend will be spent watching her ask her bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. I think my best bet is to get pissed and take some ear plugs. Also need to buy some new jeans at some point... Coffee time.
    Best bet is to take pictures of the bridesmaids
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    tlw1 wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning, leaving at 12 to go south for the OH's family. Weekend will be spent watching her ask her bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. I think my best bet is to get pissed and take some ear plugs. Also need to buy some new jeans at some point... Coffee time.
    Best bet is to take pictures of the bridesmaids

    Does the best man still get first pick?
    In which case, he would appreciate some pics.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    ballysmate wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning, leaving at 12 to go south for the OH's family. Weekend will be spent watching her ask her bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. I think my best bet is to get pissed and take some ear plugs. Also need to buy some new jeans at some point... Coffee time.
    Best bet is to take pictures of the bridesmaids

    Does the best man still get first pick?
    In which case, he would appreciate some pics.

    I'll also be the best man's best man so I'm happy to participate if he were to reciprocate...

    One of the OH's bridesmaids is a dancer on a cruise ship but also happens to be the OH's sister. For the sake of my future marriage I don't think I'll be posting pictures unfortunately :lol:

    The others are OK.
  • Knocking off at 10 as we're off to the south for the weekend.

    Bike is coming too so all things being well I'll have some peace on Saturday whilst the girls make some food.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Chilly but sunny.

    Todai, I need ter terk ter a bloke in Burminum abart stuff, so I yam guin ter brush up on me accent so there's naaa mucker.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,626
    Morning

    Absolutely tipping it down here this morning. Went for a run as it was too wet to keep putting fence panels up.
    Need some more tea.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    Usual round of stuff up North. Need to go buy a new kitchen tap later as the old one is fubar'd. At least they've finally installed the old boys gravestone after months of delay.

    Later on will be a run and then cider.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,626
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Usual round of stuff up North. Need to go buy a new kitchen tap later as the old one is fubar'd. At least they've finally installed the old boys gravestone after months of delay.

    Later on will be a run and then cider.
    Lidl had some light up LED mixer taps in store yesterday if that's your thing :wink:
    Was contemplating a second run this afternoon/evening but looking at the size of the hailstones I think I'll give it a miss.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Afternoon, weird weather day here, rain hail some snow now blue skys with black clouds all around.

    Systems live in Mehico all working bar the missing ones which oddly are not working. Walking to the pub from work for a meal then wobble home on the bike an consume more alcohol.
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon, had the week off so been away from all things internet for a while! Cold today, but quite nice all the same (between the showers anyway!)

    New job starts Monday so need to get back in work more by then, notice period then week off has got me very much out of that mindset!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    Day off. Took kids to Charles Darwin's house. Bought 6 cans of grapefruit-based Caribbean soft drink Ting. Living the dream.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    I wonder what Darwin would have thought about the proliferation of plastic.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    hopkinb wrote:
    Day off. Took kids to Charles Darwin's house. Bought 6 cans of grapefruit-based Caribbean soft drink Ting. Living the dream.
    In Shrewsbury?
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    tlw1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Day off. Took kids to Charles Darwin's house. Bought 6 cans of grapefruit-based Caribbean soft drink Ting. Living the dream.
    In Shrewsbury?

    Orpington.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    pinno wrote:
    Why would they overprice it like that? :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Don't give up your day job.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    pinno wrote:
    Don't give up your day job.
    I wouldn't pay that much.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.