Trek X-Caliber 9 - New Rider

domdom1980
domdom1980 Posts: 79
edited December 2018 in MTB beginners
Hi all - I am sure you have seen a thousand of these posts in the past, but I wondered if I could get some advice!

I am pretty new to MTB and am looking at getting myself a capable bike with a budget of about £800-£900. I'm looking for a hardtail to ride pretty flat tracks, a bit of down hill and some riding around bridelways etc - most of it will be pretty gentle, but I want to be able to step it up one I have a bit more time on the bike.

I'm pretty close the the X-Caliber 9 at the moment as it seems to suit what I am looking for, but has anyone got anything else they can recommend me to look at?

Comments

• RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Dom, have a look on the Go Outdoors website for the Calibre BossNut Evo....ok, its a full suss for 999, but you wont get better for the money. Friend of mine bought one a few weeks ago its superb ! It will do everything you want and alot more when needed.
    Check it out.

Rich.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • Cheers Rich - I'll have a look!
  • Also have a look at Halfords for the hardtail Boardmans.
    Boardman Pro FS 650b | Boardman Team 29er HT | Specialized Tricross Sport
  • Hello
    I started on a trek X caliber as well it was acutely a WSD (women's) although you couldn't tell the difference. It was a hard tail and it suited me just fine! I actually won my first XC race on it! and no one ever knew I was riding a girls bike. the biggest decision you are gonna make is the daily question to shred or not to shred.