clicking noise video added

baz2011uk
baz2011uk Posts: 21
edited October 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
my bike is making like a constant clicking noise on one gear of my cassette. It's the 8th gear on SRAM 01/12 eagle GX It only does this on that one gear and I am not sure what it is. Everything seems tight and is operating like normal, even with the clicking but its annoying and im guessing if left untreated it will get worse
i had a friend also look at it and checked the cable tension as he said it will do this as its a new bike 6 weeks old around 300 miles and after it doing it it made no difference
when i first got the bike it was delivered with a bent hanger so this was straightened by a LBS due to major skipping on the gears but this was fixed so wondering if this could be the issue? weakened and slight bent again? so thinking about replacing with a new 1 (reason for my previous post)
is there anything i could take a look at before i get a replacement hanger? or take to LBS again

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bent tooth.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    cooldad wrote:
    Bent tooth.

this or a burr on a tooth. Find out which one use pliers to straighten (if you can access it) use a fine file to remove any burr that might be catching the chain.
  • got home early today so put it on the stand to take a better look again but i can really tell where the click is coming from it could be the jockey wheels or the cassette
    i cant see any issues with the chain or a bent tooth but will give it a better clean at weekend and take a deeper look
    it sounds a lot worse up on the stand and going slow compared to riding
    not 1 to use youtube really but had a try
    https://youtu.be/Wkwzbum1KEs
  • you guys are great found the problem with your suggestions thank you its the same as this video (not my video)
    is this a know issue with SRAM? as the chaps video he is also on the same ring i am
    so what is the best and safest way to tackle this file or pliers?

https://vimeo.com/292199187
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If it's bent pliers. If a burr a file. If it's bent with a burr both. Can't see much in the vid.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools