Help to indentify Colnago model and year

Astrain
Astrain Posts: 2
edited March 2019 in Vintage bikes forum
Hi,

I would be thankfui If you could help me indentifying the right Colnago frame year and model.

Thank you!

A03-E1-F5-C-4-F7-C-405-A-A928-7-EB76-D52-FB1-C.jpg

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Looks like a Colnago Master in the PR82 colour scheme. A Colnago fan (ie not me) should be able to provide more info. They still sell the Master frame, so you would need the frame number to date it.
  • Definitely PR82 but not necessarily a Master. Could be a Mexico I guess.

Under the bottom bracket where the pedals are will be a serial number. That will tell you the year if you ask Colnago directly.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Chromed head lugs and straight forks suggest a Master to me, but that's about as far as my Colnago 'knowledge' goes....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    You both know more than me, but isn't the whole point of the Master and it's ilk that it's a classic timeless design so dating it from a picture will be pretty much impossible. The only clue that I can see is have a threadless headset means it's not that old. Old being a relative term of course.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Some things do not add up for a recent Master.
    The headset looks odd. A quill adapter?
    The downtube looks to have screwed adjusters instead of brazed on. For gear levers?
    The decals are there but the painted details are missing.
    Can't see any bottle cage bosses.
    The clearance looks tight on the seat tube. I have 25mm fitted to my 2008 and think I may be able to get 28mm on. Not checked though. Also, the seat post clamp looks different to mine.
    Most importantly, and very important, what is the profile of the tubing? It looks round, and if it is round then walk away.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Should there not be clubs stamped / engraved at the top of the rear stays.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Webboo wrote:
    Should there not be clubs stamped / engraved at the top of the rear stays.
    Just checked. True. I realised after posting that this is a resurrection thread, but maybe useful to someone in the future.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.