Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

Bossnut Triple B v Whyte T130s v what else?

2»

• sbissbis Posts: 16
    edited March 2019
    Awesome. Just what I needed to hear, thanks. Only reservation is a more twitchy feeling bike and the loss of traction (or perceived loss) of narrower tyres.

Narrowed it down to Trance v Anthem. Demo arranged.
  • JBAJBA Posts: 2,848
    Bear in mind that the Anthem 29er only has 100mm front and 90mm rear travel compared to 130mm front and 110mm rear for the 27.5 models.
    This may have a bearing on your decision.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
    JBA wrote:
    Bear in mind that the Anthem 29er only has 100mm front and 90mm rear travel compared to 130mm front and 110mm rear for the 27.5 models.
    This may have a bearing on your decision.

Thanks, I hadn't clocked that and have both spec sheets printed out on my desk.

I spend at least 4 months of the year in wet leaves/mud and I've noticed the traction benefit of wider Maxxis tyres on my Bossnut, so don't really want to go back.

Plan to sit on both tomorrow lunch.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,169
    Currently got 2.4s on my Anthem.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    Oooh, very good to know. Does that still leave enough clearance so mud doesn’t jam the front wheel?
    Thanks
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,169
    Plenty of room on my Anthem SX 27,5 both front and back.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • joebristoljoebristol Posts: 327
    Just to add another bike into the mix how about a Whyte S120? I haven’t checked spec but it’s more xc orientated but with trail geometry, 29er and should be mudproof being a U.K. brand.

https://whyte.bike/collections/full-sus ... ts/s-120cr
    Thanks Joe, but 50% over budget I'm afraid. And if the Mrs found that receipt she'd see to me not need the man op that I've got booked in.
    Any views on a Merida one-forty?