putting on winter overshoes

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited October 2018 in Road general
Ok, now it's getting to that time again, is there an easy way to put on neoprene overshoes? I can do it the same way with wet weather ones where put them on, then your shows and pull the oveshoes over them. What i have to do is put on my shoes then do battle pulling over the neoprene boots over the top, is this the only way it can be done?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    really?
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Put them on in November, only take them off in April. Simples. No job too tough.

Seriously, they are a tight fit. That's the deal.
  • shiznit76
    Imposter wrote:
    really?

"Really" what? If you care to reply at least make it worth while
  • imposter2.0
    shiznit76 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    really?

Presumably you manage ok with socks and underpants? It's a similar procedure...
  • Buy a pair of these and you will never have the need to stress out on how to put your overshoes on ever again
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-flash ... ter-boots/
  • i started using decent socks and just toe covers, that'll be enough for me until it gets cold. The toe covers just stay on the shoe all the time, no need to remove them.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I have elastic laces on my winter shoes.
    I put the overshoes on and then they stay on until I need to take them off. Simple.

You should have been around in the 70s with those weird blue smurfy overshoes that were popular.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    cougie wrote:
    You should have been around in the 70s with those weird blue smurfy overshoes that were popular.

Any pics?
  • Put your cycling shoes on. Open the zips of the overshoes and turn them inside out. Offer the toe end of the right overshoe up to the toe of your right foot and fold them over your foot so they end up covering the shoe. Zip up. Repeat for left foot.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    I despair for the future of mankind.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • siddy1972
    siddy1972 Posts: 180
    Seconded on proper winter boots. My feet were never warm enough with overshoes, then I got some Specialized defrosters, they’re brilliant. Well worth the investment.
  • shiznit76
    Imposter wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    really?

No,, your wife does that for me
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    shiznit76 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    really?

So you can't manage socks, underpants or overshoes. :roll:
  • Toe thingy over the front is usually enough all winter. You can leave them on .
  • shiznit76
    Toe thingy over the front is usually enough all winter. You can leave them on .

Cheers.

Gets a bit chilly up here in Scotland so usually need got full overshoes, but might give the tow covers a bash
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    I like to use a block of butter, rub it all over my shoes and then the overshoes slip on lovely.
  • imposter2.0
    Brakeless wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    really?

So you can't manage socks, underpants or overshoes. :roll:

But he still has access to the internet. Social care in 2018...