Zwift and lag

JLC
JLC Posts: 39
Just started using zwift on a non smart trainer. Using Bluetooth or ant+ there seems a delay of a couple of seconds between pedalling and the zwift impact. Makes it difficult drafting at times and racing. Thinking of getting a kickr core or similar smart direct drive trainer and wondered if there is always going to be a time lag? Is this just an inherent zwift lag?

Comments

• zeee
    zeee Posts: 103
    I have the tacx flux direct drive smart trainer and there is no lag at all. I had the vortex wheel on trainer before and that had a slight lag. Decent direct drives seem pretty instant.
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    I think it can be affected by your network quality, I'd check that first before dropping half a grand on a turbo.

I'm using a dumb turbo and ANT stick and it's mostly fine, occasionally it's a bit laggy, but the pain cave is not in the best part of the house for wifi signal.

A lot of people run Ethernet to their set-up, especially the garage bound lot.
  • JLC
    JLC Posts: 39
    Will test out using ant+ and Bluetooth and see which is best. Hoping to buy a kickr core but just waiting as there appears a few issues with them presently.