monday pour le tartare

2»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited October 2018
    i used to go to Paris quite a lot with my ex when I was happy before I got married and had kids.

Lovely place.

#tempspasse
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    HaydenM wrote:
    Nice bike was ridden. Ave hr of 170 for an hour then I got a flat. The roads up here dreadful at the moment, does anyone know if I can run GP4000s/primes tubeless? If not I'll be on the CdF until they resurface all of the roads (never).

Why tubeless? Surely it's a form of Purgatory - half way between clinchers and tubs.
    Bin the GP 4000's, buy some Vittoria Pave's and some latex inner tubes and never look back or go full on tubular.

Ooh looky, even better - https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Vittor ... lsrc=aw.ds

Was out today on roads just like yours I expect after all the rain, hit 3 stones (hard) with the front wheel to the point where there were audible 'pings'. 3 hour+ ride, no flats. I haven't had a puncture (touch wood) with the Pave's coupled with Latex inner tubes yet.
    Although the city slickers say they get cut up easily with shards of glass but we don't have that problem.
    Some say those Isotech's are the best tyre they have ever ridden and... those ^ one's are cheaper than the pave's.
    Shop around for 25's or bigger. I run 27's. Super comfy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I had the best 3 weeks as an adult in Paris in my life. Despite the bad hip and a walking stick.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Pinno wrote:
    I had the best 3 weeks as an adult in Paris in my life. Despite the bad hip and a walking stick.
    You shouldn't give away details of your ex-girlfriends like that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    Big Harv wrote:
    Cafe du Nord? Cadran? I have spent many happy hours and even more €€ down Rue Dunquerqe.. Wonderful city right enough. How many people asked you for spare change?
    yep, cafe du nord, been going there for years now, seem to have had a change of staff lately and some recipe tweaks too, not sure i want lardons on top of the tartare

not been accosted there for change, i think if you look like you know where you're going they tend to leave you alone, the disoriented looking tourists seem to get the attention
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Nice bike was ridden. Ave hr of 170 for an hour then I got a flat. The roads up here dreadful at the moment, does anyone know if I can run GP4000s/primes tubeless? If not I'll be on the CdF until they resurface all of the roads (never).

Why tubeless? Surely it's a form of Purgatory - half way between clinchers and tubs.
    Bin the GP 4000's, buy some Vittoria Pave's and some latex inner tubes and never look back or go full on tubular.

Was out today on roads just like yours I expect after all the rain, hit 3 stones (hard) with the front wheel to the point where there were audible 'pings'. 3 hour+ ride, no flats. I haven't had a puncture (touch wood) with the Pave's coupled with Latex inner tubes yet.
    Although the city slickers say they get cut up easily with shards of glass but we don't have that problem.
    Some say those Isotech's are the best tyre they have ever ridden and... those ^ one's are cheaper than the pave's.

Good plan. Those in the link look lovely. The only issue is that I only really use this bike in dry lovely weather to protect it's fragile carbon frame (known to melt in the rain). Yesterday was dry and lovely, but I'm assuming the roads will be in a similar state next summer. My thought was to go tubeless and keep the 'summer' tyres but not pinch flat. Also, not sure I'll get anything over a 25mm under the silly inline aero brakes...
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Good plan. Those in the link look lovely. The only issue is that I only really use this bike in dry lovely weather to protect it's fragile carbon frame (known to melt in the rain). Yesterday was dry and lovely, but I'm assuming the roads will be in a similar state next summer. My thought was to go tubeless and keep the 'summer' tyres but not pinch flat. Also, not sure I'll get anything over a 25mm under the silly inline aero brakes...

Well, the Michelin Pro 3's I used to ride were 25mm and they sat bigger on the rim than the 27 Vittoria's.
    The Vittoria's (just measured them) @ 80psi sit 25mm above the rim.