XTR M9100 HUB Vs DT Swiss micro spline adapter

CanyonGuy1
CanyonGuy1 Posts: 6
edited October 2018 in MTB general
Hi there.
Just ordered a new bike (new Canyon lux 2019) with the all new XTR M9100 groupset.
The wheels are DT Swiss XRC 1250 carbon and the hubs are also DT. 
My question:
Since the hub is not the all new scylence XTR hub which is silent, does any of you gyus know if the DT wheels with microspline (for the new cassette), is also as silent as the Shimano hub version?
In doubt wheather or not you need the scylence hub in order to make it silent, or if the silent design in the micro spline adapter for thr DT hub has same effect?
Hope you know what I mean.
Canyon is not able to answer this question in Denmark where I'm from.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Why does this matter, as long as it doesn't sound like a load of loose change in a tumble dryer you will never notice it with the rest of the noise coming from the tyres ect.

When your bike arrives just go out and enjoy riding it.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Some people like a quiet bike, some adore a freehub like a machine gun. I like both! :)

I like a noticeable click from the hub when freewheeling (provided it's meant to be like that), but with the rest of the bike as quiet as possible. I sold a bike last week and after the test ride, the buyer was more impressed with how quiet it was (apart from the clicky hub) than anything else. No sqeaks or rattles. He said it showed how well it had been looked after.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    It might not be so quiet on the dt Swiss hub as they use a ratchet mechanism inside them.

I think they’ll have just designed an adapter through a license from shimano to just fit the new cassette on the hub.

I kinda like the buzz of hope and Chris king hubs wouldn’t change mine unless someone gave me a free pair of wheels.