• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Poo, I've lost the feed
  • Korhag
    Korhag Posts: 77
    PINOT 26 seconds up on NIBALI, with 20 seconds back to DM, RM and TW
  • inseine
    The Bahrain guys are still blocking but it's clear Nibs won't catch Pinot and may well be caught
  • inseine
    Nibs get caught and.......attacks!
  • inseine
    The L'equipe guys love this
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    inseine wrote:
    Nibs get caught and.......attacks!
    ably assisted by the camera bike.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):D:D:D:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):D:D:):D:D:D:):):D:D:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):D:D:D:):):):):D:D:D:D
    PINOT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Nice one Thibaut. A very enjoyable rice.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pinot and Nibali get a big thumbs up for attacking on the Sormano.
    Unlike Bernal and Roglic, they both had the strength to survive to the finish.
    Teuns gets the unlikely third podium spot, as he struggled on the final climb.
    To me, of the rest, only Dan Martin maybe could have effected the result, but left his effort too late.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    What a cracking day out in the wind and rain earlier and feet up watching this this afternoon . Good race
  • Pinot high fives retiring Jeremy Roy who started the race but was in the crowd in the last 500m. Roy a quite outstanding person and consumate professional. Great full stop to a lively season
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    To me, of the rest, only Dan Martin maybe could have effected the result, but left his effort too late.

Martin rode like a winner there. The rest rode like a bunch of losers just looking for a placing.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82 wrote:

Martin rode like a winner there. The rest rode like a bunch of losers just looking for a placing.

Yes can't understand why they don't try harder after 5 and a half hours racing at top whack around Lombardia. Losers :shock:
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    BM blocking for a second place, with 3 riders you’d they might try to bring back Pinot.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    gsk82 wrote:

Yes can't understand why they don't try harder after 5 and a half hours racing at top whack around Lombardia. Losers :shock:

They were all happy to chase everything.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    I sometimes wonder if I watched the same race as some others lolol
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    I loved that race. Great for Pinot and French riders. Nibali is one of my least favourite riders, but his cunning to get 2nd there at the end was outstanding.
    My choice Roglic blew his own brains out, but check out Bernal! Similarly, didn’t have the legs to the end, but what panache for a young lad with false teeth. Him and Moscon in the same races early next season: those are 2 big chips on such young shoulders...
  • Izagirre and Pozzo blocking. Uran and Majka already made big effort s who exactly were the losers ? Not Theuns he podiumed? Wellens?
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Webboo wrote:
    BM blocking for a second place, with 3 riders you’d they might try to bring back Pinot.

And then what? Get slapped in a sprint, rather than have their strongest man clear to TT to a decent podium.

"Why don't they just try and win?" etc etc