Kask Mojito v oakley radars

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited October 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi, I have narrowed search down for a new helmet to a kask mojito, but have just read some comments that people are saying that it is difficult to wear some glasses with them, in my case the Oakley radars. Also head some conflicting tales that this mainly only affects small and medium sizes, can anyone who has experienced this give me their view please

Thanks

Comments

• joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    I have a medium Mojito and have no problems with my Radars. I don't know if it makes a difference that my Radars are the straight-arm version.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,972
    Yes, I have the problem with my cheapo Rock Bros glasses with optical inserts. Not a major problem but i do have to do the unthinkable and have the sidearms under the straps.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I think I remember reading that Kask have recently modified the rear cradle to reduce fouling issues. I certainly had problems with Rudy Project Rydons with a medium Mojito a couple of years ago. The cradle makes for a comfortable, secure, adjustable support on the back of your head. But it is really bulky. I had to bend the Rydon's arms to get them to fit. Finally, the arms went unusably floppy. I replaced them with a pair of Optilab Rascals which have shorter arms. They fit OK with the Mojito although I have since changed to a Giro Synthe which has a much less bulky cradle. Oakley Radars have long arms so I would suggest trying before buying in OP's case.
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    Hi - I have a Kask Mojito in size M and also wear Radar's. I have no problem with wearing both. I also have a set of cheap glasses with clear lenses and no problems with them either.