Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam and spam

sungodsungod Posts: 13,221
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee-based brekkie, do cloudy stuff in lab and clouds, early bail

may venture to ride with only jersey as it seems to already be in the upper teen out there
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,936
    Morning, wind and rain here although mild, after clearing out the shed yesterday it’s the garages turn today , why do I accumulate so much junk anyone else have the same problem
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    very windy but dry here.

    bambino has already pisssed me off massively so just having a coffee and chilling in a car park before going into work.

    but of work then gym methinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
    Morning, slightly xxxxed off as today's MTB ride called off due to storm Callum. Arghh. Will be unpacking and fitting shiny stuff to bike instead. Will be lots of nice coffee flowing all day. Enjoy work peeps.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,642
    Wet and windy here, no bike, no running. Car was a bit sick this morning, hopefully it perks up for the drive home.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Wet and windy down in Birmingham too :(

    Later is the local, hopefully playing with the new fanboy phone
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    I did wear arm warmers, but took them off after about 3 km. Annoying squeaks and clicks coming from bike under load, but I think may be pedal/cleat interface, given only clicks as power applied by right foot. Will give the bike a once over tomorrow.

    Off to the butcher later to choose tonight's dinner.

    Apparently Mrs H3 has a headache, and will need a nap. I assume she is having fun!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    Morning, wind and rain here although mild, after clearing out the shed yesterday it’s the garages turn today , why do I accumulate so much junk anyone else have the same problem

    I'm loosing the battle of output vs input. Having kids skews the balance even more.

    Callum isn't coming to much although I wouldn't pedal in it.

    Last day of term for toots. It's going to be a struggle to keep them entertained given weather/light.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Who calls a strom Callum...

    Urgh sorry its one of those names that annoys me.

    Wobbled in on this blowy damp day porridge/wallpaper paste has been eaten and im trying to have a caffeine free day so I have a dirty great bottle of water on the desk, I give it till 10AM (its 9:57AM now)
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    step83 wrote:
    Who calls a strom Callum...

    The Irish meteorological department.

    tassimo?T=BgScale&P_L=W%2CH%2CF%2CQ&P_I_Q=99&P_I_W=320&P_I_H=384&P_I_F=PNG&A_L=SRC%2CBG&A_I_SRC_NAME=7173&A_I_BG_O=Y_cKb2cMDS0AAAFgV_MFDCGy

    how-to-make-the-perfect-cafetiere-coffee-809x550.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Fookin' glad it's Fryday. Managed a slow wobble in still on the CX tyres, only a little bit blowy but not enough to worry about down here. Failed to get to CX training last night as too much running around.
    Severely hacked off with work, having said they would pay me the same amount including average of bonus they have now said they won't. As a result I've told them I won't be moving so still have to put up with dealing with twunts on the phone. Unfortunately I've become far too specialised so jumping ship would not be as easy as it could be and if I had to re-train to do something else getting up to the same sort of level could prove problematic. I need to adjust my attitude to one of really not giving a phuck and just coming in to take the money. I really need to murderise someone. My immediate bosses are annoyed about the whole thing as they know they have to deal with me when I've got the hump. I think I might scare them at times, although I don't think of myself as being remotely scary.
    Time for a proper coffee
    1200px-Tazzina_di_caff%C3%A8_a_Ventimiglia.jpg
    Roll on the weekend...
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    veronese68 wrote:
    Managed a slow wobble in still on the CX tyres, only a little bit blowy but not enough to worry about down here. Failed to get to CX training last night as too much running around.

    I'm putting the CX tyres on my alloy wheels tomorrow, also double sided mtb pedals instead of the single sided touring pedals I have on the bike normally. I'm resolute in my insistence that I will not be attempting a proper cx dismount and especially not a remount. Don't forget to print off a parking pass - I'm doing one now.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm resolute in my insistence that I will not be attempting a proper cx dismount and especially not a remount. Don't forget to print off a parking pass - I'm doing one now.
    Very much so as I see it the options are try a moving dismount or remount, fall and get tangled up in the bike or stop, dismount, carry bike, stop, remount and ride away. The latter will be quicker, more dignified and hurt less.
    Good point about the pass.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    hopkinb wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Managed a slow wobble in still on the CX tyres, only a little bit blowy but not enough to worry about down here. Failed to get to CX training last night as too much running around.

    I'm putting the CX tyres on my alloy wheels tomorrow, also double sided mtb pedals instead of the single sided touring pedals I have on the bike normally. I'm resolute in my insistence that I will not be attempting a proper cx dismount and especially not a remount. Don't forget to print off a parking pass - I'm doing one now.

    I haven't found it so difficult although it is much easier to practice on flat ground, completely misjudged a remount on some cow trodden field the other night, saddle bounced up as I was leaping. I wished I was female.

    It's my birthday on Monday so we are getting pissed tonight, trying to get out early with the excuse that the OH is sad because shes been at the hospital (it's a long running thing with no answers linked to loose vertebrae in her neck), she's resisting going home because she's busy at work. Idiot.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    haydenm wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm resolute in my insistence that I will not be attempting a proper cx dismount and especially not a remount.
    I haven't found it so difficult although it is much easier to practice on flat ground, completely misjudged a remount on some cow trodden field the other night, saddle bounced up as I was leaping. I wished I was female.
    You have no idea how uncoordinated I am, add this to being old and inflexible and it's definitely something I'm best off avoiding.
    I know what you mean about OH's moaning about something but not being sensible and resting whatever it is. Enjoy the birthday weekend.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    veronese68 wrote:
    Severely hacked off with work, having said they would pay me the same amount including average of bonus they have now said they won't. As a result I've told them I won't be moving so still have to put up with dealing with twunts on the phone. Unfortunately I've become far too specialised so jumping ship would not be as easy as it could be and if I had to re-train to do something else getting up to the same sort of level could prove problematic. I need to adjust my attitude to one of really not giving a phuck and just coming in to take the money. I really need to murderise someone. My immediate bosses are annoyed about the whole thing as they know they have to deal with me when I've got the hump. I think I might scare them at times, although I don't think of myself as being remotely scary.
    Hoppy and I are both looking for new minions if you fancy some real re-training...it'll help me avoid any HR accusations of age bias :P
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hoppy and I are both looking for new minions
    I found one. She starts Monday.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hoppy and I are both looking for new minions if you fancy some real re-training...it'll help me avoid any HR accusations of age bias :P
    So long as you don't post pictures of my moobs on the internet.
    They called me back for another meeting, asked if I would change my mind? Gave them a straight answer, they have gone back to the powers that be in the US to try again. This means I might not hear before the day is out, I suspect the answer will still be no.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hoppy and I are both looking for new minions
    I found one. She starts Monday.
    The M+1 principle applies here surely?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hoppy and I are both looking for new minions if you fancy some real re-training...it'll help me avoid any HR accusations of age bias :P
    So long as you don't post pictures of my moobs on the internet.
    They called me back for another meeting, asked if I would change my mind? Gave them a straight answer, they have gone back to the powers that be in the US to try again. This means I might not hear before the day is out, I suspect the answer will still be no.
    At least they're trying which means they want you to move (or at least they say they are).

    Make 'em sweat for a bit.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    veronese68 wrote:
    I know what you mean about OH's moaning about something but not being sensible and resting whatever it is. Enjoy the birthday weekend.

    In reality I just want to start getting smashed early... The problem is she will come home all stressed and unhappy because she hasn't had time to think. Hooray for beers!
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Who calls a strom Callum...

    The Irish meteorological department.

    Pfft "insert irish joke/insult", an is that a latte?? Pfft, ive gone with double loading the coffee maker going for black as my soul coffee today.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    As opposed to a rhythm and blues coffee?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    pinno wrote:
    As opposed to a rhythm and blues coffee?!

    or even a rhythm and blues alibi?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    Date night with the wife changed to get pissed with pals - I’m sure this is the last I’ve heard of it
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    tlw1 wrote:
    Date night with the wife changed to get pissed with pals - I’m sure this is the last I’ve heard of it
    Give her the treat of a morning shag then any misdemeanours will be forgotten.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    veronese68 wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    Date night with the wife changed to get pissed with pals - I’m sure this is the last I’ve heard of it
    Give her the treat of a morning shag then any misdemeanours will be forgotten.
    Funny you should say that ............
Sign In or Register to comment.