Tour de France trophey nicked

2»

Comments

• gsk82 wrote:

Scotland is Scotland, not the north.

***QI KLAXON!***
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    If you want real confusion consider how England Athletics breaks down the regions:

North - includes all of Lincolnshire, right down to the Cambridgeshire border, which of course is part of the South. Also includes Derbyshire (so Derby is 'North')
    Midlands - includes Notts (including Nottingham, which is geographically North of Derby, see above), and Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham... Northampton (significantly south of Norwich, see below...) is Midlands.
    South - More obvious, but with anomalies (vs. the other regions) as highlighted above - includes Norfolk, but not Bristol.

So some years see Midland championships being either north of the North (if in Nottingham with North in Derby) or South of the South (in Bristol and South in MK etc).
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    If you want real confusion consider how England Athletics breaks down the regions:

North - includes all of Lincolnshire, right down to the Cambridgeshire border, which of course is part of the South. Also includes Derbyshire (so Derby is 'North')
    Midlands - includes Notts (including Nottingham, which is geographically North of Derby, see above), and Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham... Northampton (significantly south of Norwich, see below...) is Midlands.
    South - More obvious, but with anomalies (vs. the other regions) as highlighted above - includes Norfolk, but not Bristol.

So some years see Midland championships being either north of the North (if in Nottingham with North in Derby) or South of the South (in Bristol and South in MK etc).

Ha! its almost a tongue twister
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    The boundary between North and South is the M4 (I've never lived North of it)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95 wrote:
    The boundary between North and South is the M4 (I've never lived North of it)
    And you're proud of that?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I thought the only reason to go further south than Derby was because you couldn’t afford to catch the ferry from Hull.
  • gsk82 wrote:

Scotland is Scotland, not the north.

***QI KLAXON!***
    :D
  • Did they get the trophy back from the Midlands thieves?
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,605

I cant see or link Twitter from this PC, but if that's Lances 'bantz' regarding the theft ... it gets worse. Check out Johan Bruyneel's vomit inducing response. :(
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    @lancearmstrong
    G - bummer, dude. I got 7 of em if you wanna borrow one.
  • Can't see JBs response.
  • FocusZing
    edited October 2018
    @JohanBruyneel
    DpOyx5cXcAcNWW-.jpg

@JohanBruyneel
    1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005! Still won 7!!
    #likeaboss
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,605
    FocusZing wrote:
    @JohanBruyneel
    DpOyx5cXcAcNWW-.jpg

@JohanBruyneel
    1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005! Still won 7!!

It was the #likeaboss that made me squirm.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • FocusZing
    Oopps, missed that.