Tiagra 2x10 or a Sram 1x11 are good.

UK shops, max £700, may push it a little for the right bike

Looking at the Genesis CDF/CDA's

suggestions?
Pinnacle Neon 3 2017

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I was going to suggest a CDF or a CDA but you're on to those, you can sometimes find the tiagra versions at a decent price. I bought mind from Highland bikes online which seemed to be the best price about but that was a while ago, Evans have deals on occasionally too
  • That Px Fully Monty deal with Apex hydraulics is a bargain. I was looking for an Apex full hydraulic group set recently and the cheapest I found was £640. They obviously have better buying power than me to knock out a full bike at that price.
  • I have emailed Specialized and asked what bottom bracket the Diverge E5 sport has

hoping for a stock BSA threaded and not some press-fit abomination
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • Looked a 2nd hand  GT Grade 105 with HD-RD brakes

looked ok on the surface, but something was not quite right, looked closer and both derailleurs looked slightly bent so walked away.

Also took a look at the decathlon Triban RC 520 as the tests suggested it could take quite big tyres, the bike mechanic there said 36mm but unofficially it will take 40mm but the rim limits you to 38mm

Still waiting on CRC to refund the Wilier, so stuck till that happens 
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • Well, just checking the spec it say’s: Praxis, external bearings, threaded, 68mm

So there’s your answer.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • yup, just waiting on my money back from CRC
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • Norco Search AL 2018

Advertised max tyre is 35mm

We know manufacturers are conservative

​​​​​​​What is it really ?
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • CRC, who have had the bike I returned for refund a week now, are finally processing the return

should have the money back in 72hrs

Then it is decision time
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    I've been looking at this lately, in lieu of doing a bit of N-1 and getting rid of a hardtail MTB and my Genesis Equilibrium hydro disc road bike

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/boardman- ... -2019.html

I know it's a bit over budget (don't you just hate it when you set a budget and some moron goes well over it?!), but if you can get C2W scheme it would work out around £750 I think. I'm not sure whether to C2W one or get a BC 10% discount and not faff around. Then again that PX Full Monty....hmmm....
  • I've been looking at this lately, in lieu of doing a bit of N-1 and getting rid of a hardtail MTB and my Genesis Equilibrium hydro disc road bike

I know it's a bit over budget (don't you just hate it when you set a budget and some moron goes well over it?!), but if you can get C2W scheme it would work out around £750 I think. I'm not sure whether to C2W one or get a BC 10% discount and not faff around. Then again that PX Full Monty....hmmm....

I checked with the new company I now work via TUPE

their C2W is currently closed

their also is the boardman 8.8 with Sora and TRY Spyres for £750 - 10% for my British cycling membership £675

Will be keeping an eye for a 10% code for CR/Halfords

the trick there is to order for collection with the discount code, and use the British cycling membership to get another 10% = double bubble discount.
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • lakesluddite
    cirian75 wrote:
    I've been looking at this lately, in lieu of doing a bit of N-1 and getting rid of a hardtail MTB and my Genesis Equilibrium hydro disc road bike

I checked with the new company I now work via TUPE

their C2W is currently closed

their also is the boardman 8.8 with Sora and TRY Spyres for £750 - 10% for my British cycling membership £675

Will be keeping an eye for a 10% code for CR/Halfords

the trick there is to order for collection with the discount code, and use the British cycling membership to get another 10% = double bubble discount.

I think the 10% for BC at Chain Reaction has ended now - it's £10 off anything over £150 (whoopee sh1t!). That double-your-discount sounds good, if you can get away with it!
  • "10% for BC at Chain Reaction has ended"

wow that sucks, I'll have to double check

I know Halford/CR and Evans still do it.
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • Just checked, your right, what a bunch of SOB's
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • cirian75 wrote:
    Norco Search AL 2018

Advertised max tyre is 35mm

We know manufacturers are conservative

​​​​​​​What is it really ?

Takes GravelKing SK 35mm which is oversized, though I found in muddy conditions the front did rub mildly so I swapped out for a 32mm version. If it was either road or dry could go bit bigger.
  • So 35s are good, but 38 is a no go?
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • lakesluddite
    cirian75 wrote:
    Just checked, your right, what a bunch of SOB's

Yup, Cycling UK membership looking more attractive day by day!

Just be aware re Evans 10%, I think it's only on full priced gear, unlike the old Chain Reaction discount that was 10% off pretty much everything, including already discounted items.

I blame Wiggle.
  • rumour is wiggle is deliberately running CRC down

and Evans in in the doodoo
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    cirian75 wrote:
    rumour is wiggle is deliberately running CRC down

Wiggle spent £62m acquiring CRC, and then went to the effort of relocating their warehousing to the Wiggle facility in Wolverhampton. Why would they then deliberately run them down?
  • I was able to track down an Kova Rove DL in orange for the same price as the yellows at CRC

Only box it does not tick in the "would be nice to have are thru-axles

should be here Tuesday
    Pinnacle Neon 3 2017
  • levarg
    levarg Posts: 14
    I recently created a utility website for finding and comparing gravel/adventure bikes. I think it may be a bit late now to help you with your search, but might be worth a look anyway:
    http://www.gravel-bikes.co.uk
  • Candyon
    Candyon Posts: 24
    Specialized Diverge E5 Comp £1080 @ Tredz with a further 10% code to add at checkout taking it to £972. So a bit over your budget but its rrp is £1500.

I recently got one of these and think it's great for that price. Wouldn't have paid full price for it.

Though the alu diverge only has clearance up to 38 mm tyres. And its mechanical discs.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Di ... 109288.htm