N+1 do it all

13»

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    mtthwprctr wrote:

That looks very nice indeed - damn shame it's over the £1k magic C2W scheme limit :(

Canyon (and Rose) don't do C2W, otherwise I'd have probably bought a Endurace from them.
    That's unless you're German in which case they do accept the German equivalent.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    That Canyon does like nice, but I also took the plunge on the Vitus. Ticks all the boxes I was looking for at a great price. My only concern now is the sizing. Although I tend to prefer a smaller frame, I went for the XL based on the size guide, so fingers crossed.
  • I sized down vs the recommended size on the size guide and ordered a S (I'm only 175cm). The geometry seemed to match up give or take a few mm with my Canyon Ultimate. Dispatched today!
  • mtthwprctr wrote:
    I sized down vs the recommended size on the size guide and ordered a S (I'm only 175cm). The geometry seemed to match up give or take a few mm with my Canyon Ultimate. Dispatched today!

They're certainly long and low frames, even the small has 398mm reach and 551mm stack, compared to 388/610 on my "58cm" Cube (no frame dimension measures 58cm :lol: ). But my Cube comes with a 110mm stem, your Vitus might come with 90mm or 100mm stem.

I hope you haven't got long legs, at Vitus have a bit of a reputation for stingy length seat posts. You will want at least 10cm of the post in the frame and the seat post c-t is 49cm. I've got quite short legs (~83cm cycling inseam) for someone 178cm, ~73cm bb to saddle top works for me, so I'd need a post at least 29cm long (given my Fabric saddle adds approx +5cm)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mtthwprctr wrote:
    I sized down vs the recommended size on the size guide and ordered a S (I'm only 175cm). The geometry seemed to match up give or take a few mm with my Canyon Ultimate. Dispatched today!

They're certainly long and low frames, even the small has 398mm reach and 551mm stack, compared to 388/610 on my "58cm" Cube (no frame dimension measures 58cm :lol: ). But my Cube comes with a 110mm stem, your Vitus might come with 90mm or 100mm stem.

I hope you haven't got long legs, at Vitus have a bit of a reputation for stingy length seat posts. You will want at least 10cm of the post in the frame and the seat post c-t is 49cm. I've got quite short legs (~83cm cycling inseam) for someone 178cm, ~73cm bb to saddle top works for me, so I'd need a post at least 29cm long (given my Fabric saddle adds approx +5cm)

Yeah I have a spare Deda seatpost which I can use if the Vitus one isn't great -- I have similarly short legs. Also planning on switching out the stock saddle with a Charge Spoon I have lying around.
  • london-red
    mtthwprctr wrote:
    mtthwprctr wrote:

Yeah I have a spare Deda seatpost which I can use if the Vitus one isn't great -- I have similarly short legs. Also planning on switching out the stock saddle with a Charge Spoon I have lying around.

The sizing does seem a bit peculiar... And I have long legs, so who the hell knows how it’s going to turn out!

Wiggle are good with returns right? :lol:
  • Mine arrived yesterday. Only had a chance to have a quick spin around the block this evening and... it's great!

The ride is very comfortable, SRAM Apex shifting is precise and clean (didn't actually have to do any adjusting on arrival), brakes need a bit of bedding in I think but otherwise work fine. I've switched out my stem as size S seemed to have a teeny 70(?)mm stem, now using a 100mm. The stock saddle felt fine for the short distance I rode but I'll be switching it and the seat post for something a bit nicer. Stock tyres feel really good. Unsure how I feel about the flared bars given how little off-roading I'll be doing, but may stick with them for a few longer rides to see how they feel.

Still at bit shocked at how nice it is for that price, especially coming from my Canyon. Looks like it'll be raining tomorrow morning so may give it a commuting baptism then and will try and get some pics up for anyone interested.
  • london-red
    mtthwprctr wrote:
    Mine arrived yesterday. Only had a chance to have a quick spin around the block this evening and... it's great!

The ride is very comfortable, SRAM Apex shifting is precise and clean (didn't actually have to do any adjusting on arrival), brakes need a bit of bedding in I think but otherwise work fine. I've switched out my stem as size S seemed to have a teeny 70(?)mm stem, now using a 100mm. The stock saddle felt fine for the short distance I rode but I'll be switching it and the seat post for something a bit nicer. Stock tyres feel really good. Unsure how I feel about the flared bars given how little off-roading I'll be doing, but may stick with them for a few longer rides to see how they feel.

Still at bit shocked at how nice it is for that price, especially coming from my Canyon. Looks like it'll be raining tomorrow morning so may give it a commuting baptism then and will try and get some pics up for anyone interested.

Hey - how are you getting on with the Vitus. After much soul searching and indecisiveness, I cancelled my order. Had a look at the dimensions again, and the length of the top tube and seat tube etc and then wobbled. In the end I opted for the Rag+, which is apparently arriving today.

It's a bit more spendy, but I think my heart was in it a bit more. Will let you know if I made the right call in after I'm a few rides in...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    London-Red wrote:
    In the end I opted for the Rag+, which is apparently arriving today.
    Nice, look forward to seeing that. Although it'll be so dark when you pass I probably won't see it for a few months.
  • 4gHOSQY.jpg

I haven't had the chance to ride that much recently, so today was only my second commute on it. So far, so good -- really comfortable over potholes and poor roads. Sometimes feels ever so slightly tardy setting off but I'm not too bothered about the weight, as it's only for commuting. Brakes are excellent, as you'd expect from hydraulic discs. Getting along well with SRAM Apex, definitely feels more clunky than my Shimano 105 but clunky in a satisfying way. I've replaced the seatpost, saddle and stem so far and thinking about replacing the flared handlebars as I'm not sure how I feel about them yet but will need a few longer rides to decide -- I've been thinking of getting a handlebar bag though so flared handlebars may give me more options there. Also, excuse the lack of proper mudguards, will definitely be investing in a pair of full ones soon!
  • Just noticed I basically regurgitated exactly what I said before :roll: must be more fluey than I thought :lol: Feel free to ask any questions about any specifics!

Noticed a few reviews trickling through, Cycling Weekly reviewed the model up from this one, which I think only differs in terms of SRAM Rival groupset https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/c ... cross-bike
  • london-red
    mtthwprctr wrote:
    Just noticed I basically regurgitated exactly what I said before :roll: must be more fluey than I thought :lol: Feel free to ask any questions about any specifics!

Noticed a few reviews trickling through, Cycling Weekly reviewed the model up from this one, which I think only differs in terms of SRAM Rival groupset https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/c ... cross-bike

And now reduced by 15%...