Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Pig based food Friday

tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Shoot hotel sleep, but it does mean a pig based breakfast

Politics based meeting today, which isn’t ideal for a Friday. Hope to get away at a reasonable time as it’s a 3hr drive to the house we have hired

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,929
    Morning, more decorating, and cycling, tomorrow’s forecast does not look to good rain most of the day
    Might try a pint or two this evening
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    WFH in preparation for the UK's largest independent beer festival tonight/tomorrow...
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,455 Lives Here
    Yep. it's definitely Fryday and I shall be consuming my own bodyweight in dead porker later. Unlike Piña who keeps trying to breathe life into a dead Porker.
    Beer festivals are gooooood. Last one I went to I decided to try a variety of stouts and porters, some were really good.
    managed to go cyclocross training last night, I ache this morning but it was good fun. I wasn't sure what would be involved but there was a short course marked out and a proper coach. Very slow wobble in to work today as a result.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
    Morning I see somebody's picked the slack up this morning and started things going. Chilling out after last nights XC ride in the dark, managed to pull shoulder somehow. May try a wobble out later and maybe twist eldest lads arm to take me out for a beer seeing as he's had his first wages go into his account. Tomorrow looking decidedly damp at the minute. Enjoy the wind down folks.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    veronese68 wrote:
    Beer festivals are gooooood. Last one I went to I decided to try a variety of stouts and porters, some were really good.

    My brother was saying it's £2.60 per third (a bit lame) but actually if you only drink >10% beer then it's not bad value and I want to get my money's worth
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,550
    haydenm wrote:
    WFH in preparation for the UK's largest independent beer festival tonight/tomorrow...
    Independent? Which one? I'm thinking CAMRA's annual GBBF might give it a run for title 'largest'.

    A flat £2.60 per third sounds like a rip to me. £7.80 per pint! Is this the Norway model getting in early?
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gym gymmed, showered, time for more coffee.

    sun is shining though, so all good.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Home brew kit, it's the only solution.
    As I have 7 apple trees, an apple press would probably be a good investment as long as TLW doesn't turn up un-announced.

    Trying to get the Cake Stoppers to talk about anything but Brexit.

    Mainly finishing a set of book/stereo/odds and end shelves today. Coffee and cake later. Very autumnal this morning and chilly. Meh.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I have a feeling my notice period is going to drag a bit, they owe me holiday though so at least I get a week off between jobs, should have planned better and moved when the weather was nicer!

    Glad it is Friday, knackered today!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just having a chicken and mshroom pie and a coffee. nice and quiet here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    For those of you who don't look at commuting, this, plus a jammed valve extender, meant a trudge to a bike shop, and a late H3.

    20181005_080832.jpg
  • You're screwed!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    You're screwed!
    :D
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    You're screwed!

    bet he was tyred after the walk to the bike shop too
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    pinno wrote:
    Home brew kit, it's the only solution.
    As I have 7 apple trees, an apple press would probably be a good investment as long as TLW doesn't turn up un-announced
    Do it - mates rates for Bottom Bracketeers. We have a single apple tree in our back garden but its a real manky specimen that doesn't produce anything remotely edible. Even Muttley doesn't touch them when they drop.

    Good week overall, and the chavs next door finally cleared off. House now up for rent as a single household at a rate well beyond what's affordable for a chav family so fingers crossed. Last dose of politics for the week to follow then its off home for some of Westons Vintage tramp fuel.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    For those of you who don't look at commuting, this, plus a jammed valve extender, meant a trudge to a bike shop, and a late H3.

    20181005_080832.jpg

    is the wheel ok?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    orraloon wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    WFH in preparation for the UK's largest independent beer festival tonight/tomorrow...
    Independent? Which one? I'm thinking CAMRA's annual GBBF might give it a run for title 'largest'.

    A flat £2.60 per third sounds like a rip to me. £7.80 per pint! Is this the Norway model getting in early?

    IMBC- Manchester, I think the 'independant' part is important as they only get independent breweries there. GBBF is the largest overall. It's probably not true and I can't remember where I heard it was the largest, meant to be good though.

    £2.60 does sound like a rip, hence the point about only drinking >10%ers to try and get some vfm :wink:
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,626
    Afternoon

    Rode to work all the way this morning, the long way over the mountains. Not sure why.
    It's been ominously hassle free this morning, apart from DPD saying that I signed for someone else's parcel which they haven't even delivered.
    Off to go and nose around the rally cars this evening. Hopefully Trek Factory Racing are there again and will stick around for when I get there.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,455 Lives Here
    I went to the beer festival in the Manchester velodrome a couple of years back. Started with a tour of the velodrome with someone that works there, then we hit the beer festival and she joined us for a few when she finished work.
    Drinking beer whilst they were racing around the outside of us, that was a good day.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    veronese68 wrote:
    I went to the beer festival in the Manchester velodrome a couple of years back. Started with a tour of the velodrome with someone that works there, then we hit the beer festival and she joined us for a few when she finished work.
    Drinking beer whilst they were racing around the outside of us, that was a good day.


    i went to watch Rominger vs Boardman at the Manchester velodrome years ago ('95? 96?).

    rominger was brilliant - smiles, waves, autographs. Boardman was as dull as phukk.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Boredman. Geddit?

    Yeah, he's dull as ditch water. I recall him once having a go at some journo "I don't know why people say ' 'oh, you're from the Wirral'. It's not THE Wirral it's Wirral. I'm from Wirral" he reiterated.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
Sign In or Register to comment.