World's way too sensitive!

shimanobottombracket
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45709205

All that fuss over a silly comment. FFS world, grow a back bone! Literally suspending someone and he didnt even so much as swear.

Poor bastard.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    How dare you make a post that is about a man!
    Where is your empathy for female scientists? Sexist pig!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Should have posted this in Cake Stop :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45709205

All that fuss over a silly comment. FFS world, grow a back bone! Literally suspending someone and he didnt even so much as swear.

Poor bastard.
    You're being way too sensitive about this.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    For somebody so highly qualified he's a bit of a f@ckwit if he thought his presentation to that audience would be well received and without consequence. I'm not sure CERN had any choice TBH
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Jordan Peterson (who I don't always agree with) has the opinion that you should have equality in opportunity but not in outcome.

So as long as everyone has equal opportunity to do their chosen career then it doesn't matter if it ends up being 85% men or 85% women. It might just be that more men want to do that job or vice versa. If you force the outcome to be equal then you have to penalise people to get that outcome.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Reminds me of when Matt Taylor landed a module on a comet but instead of celebrating such an amazing feat everyone lost their sh!t over the shirt he was wearing. I mean it's stupid, but then on the other hand a little forethought would went a long way, in both cases. They were entirely preventable.

Anyway, I can probably cover all the replies with the following selection of keywords:

SJWs
    Snowflakes
    Fauxrage
    The PC Brigade
    In my day
    Liberals
    Twitterstorm
    Objectification
    etc etc
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Jordan Peterson (who I don't always agree with) has the opinion that you should have equality in opportunity but not in outcome.

So as long as everyone has equal opportunity to do their chosen career then it doesn't matter if it ends up being 85% men or 85% women. It might just be that more men want to do that job or vice versa. If you force the outcome to be equal then you have to penalise people to get that outcome.

Agreed. I run "talent acquisition programs" they frequently have desired diversity outcomes.