Saddle Change

pippi_langsamer-2
pippi_langsamer-2 Posts: 1,470
edited September 2018 in Road buying advice
Do Sella Italia do a try-before-you-buy scheme?

I'll be replacing 4 saddles in total, so want to try a few different types before buying for all bikes.

Sella Italia SLR Superflow is on the shortlist, along with PRO Stealth and PRO Falcon. PRO do 30 day try and return deal, so all good there, but I'd like to try the SI too.

Comments

• Do Selle Italia do a try-before-you-buy scheme?

I'll be replacing 4 saddles in total, so want to try a few different types before buying for all bikes.

Selle Italia SLR Superflow is on the shortlist, along with PRO Stealth and PRO Falcon. PRO do 30 day try and return deal, so all good there, but I'd like to try the SI too.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You expect a reply in under 3 minutes?

Why not call a retailer?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    You expect a reply in under 3 minutes?

Why not call a retailer?

I don't even expect a reply tbh. Of course I'll be ringing a few retailers in the week.

No idea how I managed to x2 post.

If you've nothing useful to add to the post, jog on Dad.
  • cooldad
    Well done then, double fail...
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Well done then, double fail...

You forgot to add a #hashtag
  • cooldad
    Nope that's that other fail, Matthewfalle.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Nope that's that other fail, Matthewfalle.

#don'tropehimintothis
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Why are you changing 4 saddles ?

If none of them suit - are they all similar in any way - can you rule out, short, long. wide, thin, plastic, padded ....

You might want to try the saddle swap thread on this forum......
  • You would need to find an “ID Match” stockist to try an SI saddle but these are few and far between. The Sella Italia site can give the shops that do this. I have the SLR flow and really like it. Bontrager have a money back guarantee.
  • kingrollo wrote:
    Why are you changing 4 saddles ?

If none of them suit - are they all similar in any way - can you rule out, short, long. wide, thin, plastic, padded ....

You might want to try the saddle swap thread on this forum......

They're all the same model- Fizik Ariones.

I've got along with them great for the last 12 years or so, but decided I need something a bit more erm...accomodating for pressure on the undercarriage! Replacing 4 saddles isn't going to be cheap, hence my thread. Being on Ariones for so long, it's a bit daunting making a move to something else.

I'd go back to Spesh Toupes which I've had a couple of also, but they broke (an issue Specialized still don't seem to have sorted).

I'll be selling Ariones in R1, R3 and regular models along with a Prologo Zero Tri Pas I tried out on the turbo.

Although I like what I read about the PRO Stealth, going from an Arione which is probably the longest saddle out there, to a stub nosed model might be too freaky, although I'll probably give it a go on their 30 day try-out.

(No, I don't want an Arione Versus btw before anyone suggests)
  • Iso2000 wrote:
    You would need to find an “ID Match” stockist to try an SI saddle but these are few and far between. The Sella Italia site can give the shops that do this. I have the SLR flow and really like it. Bontrager have a money back guarantee.

I see Hewitt and Dolan apparently do ID match, so will email them tomorrow, ta