mavic ksyrium elite UST v comsic elite UST

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited October 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi, what is the difference between these two? Looking for upgarde at approx £300 and interested in both of these. I know the comics are supposed to be "mid aero" but is there any real difference? Both weigh about the same and cost the same

Comments

• I've ridden Ksyriums and they're good wheels, certainly an upgrade on the stock wheels most bikes come with.

Not ridden Cosmics but they aren't deep enough to have any real aero benefit. The Ksyriums are only 5mm shallower!
    You will feel the 250g or so weight difference between the Ksyriums and the Cosmics on the hills and they'll accelerate faster.
    For that reason I say go for the Ksyriums if the budget will stretch for them, I've never seen them around the £300 mark mind.
  • £300 from. Someone who took them off new bike to upgrade.
    Hearing good things about zondas though at this level and price range so tempted to go there now
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    shiznit76 wrote:
    £300 from. Someone who took them off new bike to upgrade.
    Hearing good things about zondas though at this level and price range so tempted to go there now
    Used to have Ksyriums and have recently been riding Zonda's. Enjoy both, don't think you'd be disappointed with either. My Ksyriums are now almost dead due to concave brake tracks but gave unflappable service up to then.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    shiznit76 wrote:

I’ve had both Ksyriums and Zonda, my Ksyriums used to be a bugger for going out of true, I put some thread lock and they’ve been grand since then.
  • ChippyK wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:

I’ve had both Ksyriums and Zonda, my Ksyriums used to be a bugger for going out of true, I put some thread lock and they’ve been grand since then.

How did you find the zondas?
  • Recently changed from zondas to ksyriums , zondas are stiffer and faster . Was quite noticeable, bike was far more rattley with the zondas ! Personally I find the mavic ksyriums softer and more comfortable . But for races zondas every time .
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    shiznit76 wrote:
    ChippyK wrote:
    shiznit76 wrote:

How did you find the zondas?

Honestly couldn’t fault them.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Have you seen the Evans deal on the Elites? Be quick!
  • shiznit76
    solboy10 wrote:
    Have you seen the Evans deal on the Elites? Be quick!

No, what was it?
  • bmxboy10
    Ksyrium Elite UST Wheelset for a mental £260!
  • All gone when I looked.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • bmxboy10
    Yes they had 20 or 30 sets all sold in about 24 hours got mine today. They are rather yellow!
  • shiznit76
    solboy10 wrote:
    Yes they had 20 or 30 sets all sold in about 24 hours got mine today. They are rather yellow!

lucky bugger