Sunglasses issue

shirley_basso
shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
edited September 2018 in Road buying advice
I do lots of riding and bought a pair of jawbreakers (first pair of glasses - I used to ride with none) athe start of the summer.

I sweat a lot, particularly on my face and the airflow of riding without glasses usually works pretty well for keeping sweat from running down my face as it can dry off.

Since I've bought these glasses I find the sweat doesn't dry as quickly and pours into my eyes (which hurts!) or it flicks up inside the lenses and then dries and causes the salt crystals to block my vision.

I'd say it's worse when riding around faster on the flat as when I went to the mountains in July, when I was riding slower, sweat would run straight down my face and not get into my eyes or settle on the glasses.

Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• wear this as a headband, solves lots of problems, roll it up for just forehead in summer, and over whole head keep you warm in winter
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/headband-id_8297247.html
  • I have similar issues so use a dhb summer headband in the summer moving to a cap or winter headband in spring/autumn.

I do find covering my arms can cause more sweating from the head so go out in spring/autumn with arm warmers rather than a long sleeve jersey and remove the warmers when the sweat starts to drip down off the forehead.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I also have this issue. I resolved it with a Halo headband, it has a piece of rubber on the inside across the front which channels the sweat away from your face. They do other head gear as well.
  • Thanks guys.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Webboo wrote:
    I also have this issue. I resolved it with a Halo headband, it has a piece of rubber on the inside across the front which channels the sweat away from your face. They do other head gear as well.
    ^same here...surprisingly effective. Didnt use mine today and was overdressed when it finally warmed up in the south west at midday. Sweat in my eyes! :(
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • webboo
    I used to spend my time taking off my glasses, then pressing on the front of my helmet to squeeze the sweat out. I had to put my glasses on my helmet every time I went up hill as well.
    I could never wear my sunglasses when racing due to the above.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Simply rub some Vaseline across the top of your eyebrows and in a line doe to the side of your eyes.

Makes a huge difference as it makes the sweat run down the side of your head.
  • Webboo wrote:

This.

Not cheap but excellent.
  • webboo
    Webboo wrote:

This.

Not cheap but excellent.
    I bought two and wear them alternatively, worn three or four times a week and still going strong after 3 years.