It's a bit chilly, but lovely outside.

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Cold, im hungry, back later obtaining food, and lots of coffee
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks,
    Cold but quite nice out down here as well. Drove in to work as I still have man flu which is very dull. The EPO keeps telling me to go to the doc's but it's only a cold and it will sort itself out in time regardless. Catching up on the stuff that other people didn't do last week, after that I will revert to full on shirking as is traditional.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Went to Arran this weekend, cracking weather which was a nice surprise after last week. Dragged the GF up a mountain, GF is no longer my GF (in a good way). Very happy all round, two days later and my phone has just stopped buzzing. Obviously I put it on strava first...

Bit of ice on the car this morning but put the heater on and went for a quick walk in the woods with the dog to enjoy the sunshine. Very un-British bit of positivity but today is perfect, can't beat cold and crisp!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Nippy out there.
    Took Porker for a spin last night,
    Battery was a little flat so charged it previously for ooh, not long enough.
    But it started and I went to get fuel. Then it didn't start. Then I got a taxi home and back again, replete with jump leads. Started first flick.
    As i'm heading out on what was a beautiful (full) moon lit night, some bloke is flashing his headlights at me through a 50 zone.
    Bloke behind me is determined to show that his Nissoyotafraudvw clonewagon can easily keep up with a Porker and is tailgating me until the 50 ends and a short section of duel carriageway starts. He overtakes at silly speed. Too interested in one up man ship to notice what's going on.
    Then a blue light appears behind me. They go past me and pull Nissoyotafraudvw clonewagon driver.

Now that I knew the cops were occupied... :D

Severe lack of narration and tales from Tabbies by Sungod. It's a poor show. I'll be having words with him.

Meanwhile it's silly jobs time.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    HaydenM wrote:
    Dragged the GF up a mountain, GF is no longer my GF (in a good way).

Congrats! Have you set a date?

V68, hope the drop off yesterday went ok. I suppose the food bills will revert to normal until he's back for Christmas!

Cold, sunny and crisp. Very nice.
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Dragged the GF up a mountain, GF is no longer my GF (in a good way).

Congrats! Have you set a date?

Cheers! Nope not yet, I quite like the idea of May time (so our anniversaries have a good chance of nice weather) but apparently next May is way too soon, would give us time to save if we left it til 2020. That said, if we went for Autumn it would give us an excuse to go away somewhere nice rather than Scottish island trips... It can't be March because I like to go away cycling then and she would murder me if I took the bike

She is off to get the ring resized today, more than a little bit excited
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    Went to Arran this weekend, cracking weather which was a nice surprise after last week. Dragged the GF up a mountain, GF is no longer my GF (in a good way). Very happy all round, two days later and my phone has just stopped buzzing. Obviously I put it on strava first...

You mean you left her up there and the police and parents are now non stop calling? :lol:

Back had coffee and food, not sure if yogurt is classed as food but it fills a hole.

Pinno, hot start issue? Could be some silly earth lead etc
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

You mean you left her up there and the police and parents are now non stop calling? :lol:

'In a good way' is quite perspective dependant I guess! Reading it back it does sound like I murdered her...

Edit: although if I had I probably wouldn't have put the hike on strava
  • veronese68
    Congrats HM. Regarding the date can I recommend something memorable. We went for the 1st of July as I thought being the 1st of the month I was more likely to remember it.
    Drop off went well thanks H³. We dumped his stuff in his room then went for a pub lunch before leaving him to it. Quite a coincidence that his cousin walked into the pub while we were eating, he has a tendency to bump into her in random places. Just had a message from him, he was out until 4am with all the other people from his block in the halls. Seems quite happy.
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Congrats HM. Regarding the date can I recommend something memorable. We went for the 1st of July as I thought being the 1st of the month I was more likely to remember it.

Good plan. I was initially planning to propose on New Year's Day as that is her Birthday, to get all our important life events in one place, a wedding on the 1st of the 1st may be really expensive and no one would turn up though...
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Drop off went well thanks H³. We dumped his stuff in his room then went for a pub lunch before leaving him to it. Quite a coincidence that his cousin walked into the pub while we were eating, he has a tendency to bump into her in random places. Just had a message from him, he was out until 4am with all the other people from his block in the halls. Seems quite happy.

I'm jealous of your son, a very exciting time. Which city?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    HaydenM wrote:
    Sounds painful :roll:

Congratulations.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    Sounds painful :roll:

Congratulations.

I told her she would get arrested for showing off her ring, and reply 'hur hur hur ring' every time she mentions it. Not sure we will make it to next week, let alone setting a date... :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Well done Hayden; remember marriage isn't a word, it's a sentence :wink:

First day in a long while for jacket and full finger gloves while pedalling in. It's made me hungry as well so now stuffing my face with double rations.

Stropteen turns 17 today so I'll only be able to call her that for another 3 years. Happy birthday also to 'mini' V68 who passes that milestone today. Looks like were having a slap up take away tonight to celebrate (Stropteen's request).

In other good news, the police have called back to say they are following up with 'one individual' next door regardless of the fact they have to vacate by the end of the month. aka druggy chav, so looks like all the reporting of dope smoking paid off :) We've also lined up the council waste enforcement lot to drop by on Thursday morning when the contents of the chavs rubbish bags will most likely be strewn across the verge/road after the foxes have their midnight party - I helpfully gave them the contact details of the s***bag managing agent in case they need to issue a fine to him as a goodbye present :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Birmingham, I'm led to believe it's not as bad as my London-centric self imagines it to be. The main thing is he's having fun.

Happy birthday to Stropteen. How much will the insurance be for her on your new motor? :lol:
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Birmingham, I'm led to believe it's not as bad as my London-centric self imagines it to be. The main thing is he's having fun.

I have only been to the done up bit in the centre so I couldn't say. I bet it's a good place to go to uni though, lots of bars
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Happy engagement and happy birthdays to offsprings

As I’ve drowned in ale all weekend and exercised the manflu has returned
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Congratulations HM.

Just had jab-in-the-eye #15 of a series stretching back almost 2 years. Asked doc if season ticket is a better option, to much hilarity. Yeah, fun 'til the anaesthetic wears off and any iodine traces left there get to work.

Need to get back on the wheels. Have a sportive booked with daughter #2 at end of October, done nothing for near 5 weeks. Wonder if all the high altitude Andean hiking past 3 weeks will mean mega improvements...?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all, need to up my bottom bracket game a bit, so will endeavour to post here more often (I bet you are all delighted by that news)

currently struggling with motivation at work, i'm looking for other jobs so hard to get excited about the current one.

Second interview on Wednesday for a much better job role, for more money (says more about my current salary than the new one i'm afraid!) much nearer to home (can actually start commuting by bike again!) so fingers crossed!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Happy birthday to Stropteen. How much will the insurance be for her on your new motor? :lol:

I went to Birmingham uni and am still midlands based may years on so can't be that bad!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Probably about the same as on a hotel in Syria. Luckily she doesn't want to learn right now - win. If she does I'll probably buy her some tiny shitbox 1 litre Japanese hatchback.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno, hot start issue? Could be some silly earth lead etc

It's possessed by the devil.

"Houston crzzzzz we've lost Hayden"*

*Until things get a bit heavy. Then he'll be on here 24/7.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo, enjoy the nightmare of getting young driver insurance it's a minefield.
    Oxo, I'm not going to worry about it until she asks to learn - and I'm not going to ask if she wants to any time soon :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo, enjoy the nightmare of getting young driver insurance it's a minefield.
    Oxo, I'm not going to worry about it until she asks to learn - and I'm not going to ask if she wants to any time soon :)
    The Mrs asked our daughter if she'd like to learn to drive a few years back, she replied that she'd rather have a motorbike.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The Mrs asked our daughter if she'd like to learn to drive a few years back, she replied that she'd rather have a motorbike.
    Bike > Motorbike/Scooter > Car is probably the best way to learn (although not the cheapest).
  • haydenm
    I wish I'd got a motorbike, now I can actually afford something decent and live next to incredible roads it's too much of a pain to do the test...
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    I wish I'd got a motorbike, now I can actually afford something decent and live next to incredible roads it's too much of a pain to do the test...
    Why not? Just fill in your organ donor card first...
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Why not? Just fill in your organ donor card first...

Already done. It takes forever and costs lots of money, too much hassle really. All I really want to do is buy a ducatti and pose...
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just fill in your organ donor card first...
    All I really want to do is buy a ducatti and pose...
    Been there, done that. Lots of fun :mrgreen: Had worse injuries riding a bicycle.
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just fill in your organ donor card first...
    All I really want to do is buy a ducatti and pose...
    Been there, done that. Lots of fun :mrgreen: Had worse injuries riding a bicycle.

Exactly, everyone makes out as if you die instantly but that's clearly not true. I'd get at least a few months of fun... The OH is dead against it though
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Exactly, everyone makes out as if you die instantly but that's clearly not true.
    Indeed, don’t be a tw@ because it hurts if you get it wrong is the main thing.