Endurance advice 3K, Boardman experiences/value?

combatclaret
combatclaret Posts: 47
edited September 2018 in Road buying advice
Looking to buy an endurance bike in early 2019 to ride for the nicer half of the year. Will commute and do some longer rides. Average build not athletic, so looking for classic endurance geometry not too racey. About a 3k budget, not much to compare to, currently riding a B-Twin Triban 540 which I will keep for wetter months.

What are people's thoughts on Boardman , specifically this SLR 9.4 https://www.boardmanbikes.com/gb_en/products/2262-slr-9.4-disc.html

I was originally looking at the Giant Defy Advance Pro 1 which looks slicker in terms of frame tech integration, cockpit etc but the Boardman seems to offer excellent value, a couple hundred pounds cheaper through C.Republic and Di2 over mechanical Ultegra.
I will likely be happy with whatever I buy given the big jump I'm making so should I just try to get the best groupset I can afford as well as carbon frame, wheelset and full hydro discs which come with both the above?
What are your experiences/thoughts on these bikes, should I take a second look elsewhere (eg: Synapse)

Comments