What Short Liners?

slowhand44
slowhand44 Posts: 47
edited September 2018 in MTB buying advice
With my current undershorts falling apart, it's time to update my wardrobe. What do you guys wear under your baggies? I have some roadie bibshorts that I've used in the past, but was looking at the Endura Singletrack liners as well.

Any recommendations? Budget would be around the £35 per pair mark, so Rapha is out :D .
"There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage."
James Holt McGavran

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I use the liners that came with my Endura Humvee 3/4 lengths. Can't fault them. I think it's the same ones that come with the Singletracks.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    CitizenLee wrote:
    I use the liners that came with my Endura Humvee 3/4 lengths. Can't fault them. I think it's the same ones that come with the Singletracks.
    +1
  • I have been buying these for years
    Endura padded liner cycling shorts:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Endura-Padded- ... _44387.htm

If you need size Large, then they are £17.99, otherwise £23.50

Have a scout around just in case someone else has a better offer for the size you want.
  • Endura for me, top notch. Up to £20 from CRC.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endu ... -prod51305
  • I've never been that impressed with the short liners I've had- I've got a pair of Endura baggy short with a press-stud attachable liner, but I don't think it's any where near as comfortable as a pair of bibs underneath. I've used Altura for years, and recently bought B-Twin from Decathlon, and both have been fine for many hours on the saddle. DHB are also supposed to be good, but I haven't tried their cheap bibs.
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • I've never been that impressed with the short liners I've had- I've got a pair of Endura baggy short with a press-stud attachable liner, but I don't think it's any where near as comfortable as a pair of bibs underneath. I've used Altura for years, and recently bought B-Twin from Decathlon, and both have been fine for many hours on the saddle. DHB are also supposed to be good, but I haven't tried their cheap bibs.

I have clickfast fittings in my Endura MT500, but I have only used them once. I just could not get comfy with where the fastenings put my shorts. So I no longer bother with them (the fastenings, not the liners or my shorts!) :roll:
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Same, I like the liners to sit higher than the shorts so don't bother with the clickfast poppers.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8