Advice please! Liv Langma Advanced 1 & Giant Conduct SL brakes

donncha
donncha Posts: 31
edited September 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi folks,
I am looking to get my GF a road bike. I was initially thinking a Canyon Endurace but she had a bike fit yesterday which suggested something more racy than endurance would suit her better. The shop (who sell Giants & Specialized) were strongly suggested the 2019 Langma Advanced 1 Disc. I was told it was full ultegra including brakes but it now looks like it comes with the hybrid Giant Conduct SL brakes which is putting me off.

I understand these are there to get the bike to a price point.
I am wondering if anyone has experience of this bike, these brakes or has alternative suggestions for a similar bike. We would get 10% of the price and a full 3-hour bike fit with the Liv.

https://www.liv-cycling.com/gb/langma-a ... -disc-2019

Thank you.

Comments

• I have a giant contend with the conduit system and have ridden mechanical disc brakes (trp spyres)

The conduit system might not be elegant, but it does work - much better than cable but not quite as good as full hydraulic.
    Also the 2019 conduit system has been tweaked so looks a little better and has adjustable tension on the cable pull.

The biggest benefit I see is being able to use the normal size mechanical shifters, which are much nice for smaller hands than the massive hydro behemoths!