Women Hour Record

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
edited September 2018 in Pro race
Shamefully ignored by the national and international press,

Vittoria Bussi has beaten the Hour Record: 48.007 km her distance set in Mexico... pretty impressive stuff

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/vitt ... urs-394277
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Record broken after failing the previous day a la Obree!
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    By less than 40m too, I can't imagine how stressful it is to take on a challenge like that. Fair Play
  • Aguascalientes. Say no more.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Explain...

is it because of the altitude?

Explain...

Yes, plus it's a super quick track.
    Half the current world bests were set there.
    Heck, even one of my family set world records there. :lol:
  • Altitude works well with blood doping... without blood doping is a double edged sword, which I suspect is why nobody has gone to Mexico after Moser.
  • Altitude works well with blood doping... without blood doping is a double edged sword, which I suspect is why nobody has gone to Mexico after Moser.

Wasn't her previous best was set in Mexico?
    I think the best before that was set at altitude, too, although I may be wrong.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Is this a Radio 4 thing?
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)

Explain...

Yes, It's where Ashton Lambie, recently, smashed the 4000m Individual Pursuit world record by over 3 seconds.
  • anothersid wrote:
    Aguascalientes. Say no more.

Explain...

Yes, It's where Ashton Lambie, recently, smashed the 4000m Individual Pursuit world record by over 3 seconds.

Errrrr who?

https://www.velonews.com/2018/08/track/ ... ord_477538

:wink:
  • at least this is a real record not some virtual ride where social meedya support was called on for some virtual draughting.

Zwift what utter rubbish
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    Very below the radar, some background

[/quote]
    THE HISTORY OF VICTORY KNOCKS, THROWN TOWARDS THE RECORD OF THE HOUR

25 Dec 2017 - If it's not the best thing to ride in Rome and then you think you're running on foot. In fact, let's make sure that you don't get to ride a bike either, because running is enough for you and it's already beautiful. Put that you grow up in a family that sports are good, but first it's better that you study that's worth it. Put that you are also very good: the High School, then you follow the nature and at university you change course: mathematics. Just run, however, that there is a doctorate to do, serious stuff, you go to Oxford and between books and numbers turns out a duathlon race, after all, the sport you do not forget so.

Vittoria Bussi realizes that in addition to her athletics there is also this thing to discover that is called racing bike. After that first race she continues to pedal and it doesn't go bad either, coming from the middle distance he has learned to know herself. She knows how to suffer and stands out, so much so that she also finds himself running in important races, as an elite. A crazy and difficult jump. The legs are there and go strong, but the head is struggling, being in a group is difficult, for those who start late to run by bike there is to be hurt. But she's strong, on the pass she puts everyone in line. What if the time trial was her hunting territory?

In 2014 she finished third at the Italian Time Trial Championship and a crazy idea started to make its way: the Time Record? We do two things and it doesn't take long to understand that the attempt is all there, it can do very well. The reference is Evelyn Stevens with her almost 48 kilometres in an hour. Vittoria understands that she can break that record and starts the specific preparation.

There's money to be spent and that's the downside. Because at one of thirty years in a few believe more than much. Above all, they do not believe those who might think of an investment. Training at the velodrome, in Montichiari, costs a lot and the expenses turn out unexpectedly. Victory does not give up, a doctorate in mathematics at Oxford, all in all, is not less tiring and then close to Rocco Japicca, her boyfriend who would follow her around the world and tries to help her set the record. A dream that approaches October 6, 2017 with the start of the attempt in Aguascalientes, Mexico. There is a hill there and it's fine, especially because it's the cheapest velodrome for the attempt, that money runs away quickly and the UCI does not give discounts. The organic passport costs madness if you run alone.

LEARN THE TRACK
    Training, for Vittoria, is the least tiring thing. You have to learn everything, even to stay focused for an hour in a handkerchief just in front of the front wheel. "My track is all there - she says - the position is the aerodynamic one and I was concentrating on that line that never ended. There was something to go on straight, and to end up on the bags, when you turn around, you slow down and risk flying in the air. If you expand and get on slower immediately and goodbye rhythm.

"But the first problem was overcoming the fear to get out of the blockade at the start - continues - an irrational fear and difficult to overcome and it took many attempts to solve that first lap of track.

An hour record is a mechanism that must never get stuck, otherwise the track flat becomes an insurmountable climb.

SEE THE RECORD
    Rocco yells at her lap times in her ears at every pass and she knows what to do. She follows the line and doesn't take off the wheels from there, the record is really there, or almost there. At least up to 50 minutes, when an inflammation at the diaphragm becomes more acute and slows her down. At the end of the sixty minutes has set the Italian record, but compared to Stevens missing 404 meters.

It's a disappointment but also the confirmation that we can do. Very few people talk about his feat of unknown seeds. Not even the Italian Cycling Federation realizes that it has a record that has changed its name, no press release.
    [/quote]

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

https://www.cyclinside.it/web/la-storia ... d-dellora/
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme