Quarq power meter with SI Hollowgram?

Power02
Power02 Posts: 18
edited September 2018 in Road buying advice
Hello all

I was thinking of getting a power meter for my Cannondale Synapse with the Hollowgram SI crankset (50/34). Does anyone know if the Quarq power meter (spider ring) will fit my crankset. If not, do you have any reccommendations for a dual sided power meter.

Thanks

Comments

• As far as I am aware the current Dzero version will not fit the hollowgram cranks. The previous models did include a cannondale specific spider, you might be able to pick one up secondhand, otherwise you would need to buy the complete quarq crankset.
  • There may be a compatible P2max
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • There is. Or rather, there are three. NG, NGEco and Type S. All things being equal, you're probably best with the NGEco, the drawbacks Vs the NG really don't justify paying twice as much. The Type S is absolutely grand, and a little cheaper, but doesn't have Bluetooth functionality, which could be make or break. None are compatible with SpiderRings, but they work with anything 5 bolt.

FWIW, I have a Type S, fitting and setup were beyond simple, and it gives consistent figures and not a minute's bother. I also have the NGEco in a funny hat that is the FSA Powerbox, and it's equally good, apart from being restricted to FSA's not-that-great chainrings. Their tech is well proven, and well priced.
  • I have a Type S on gossamers on my CAAD8 winter bike and an NGEco on my hollowgrams Si's on my CAAD9 race/good bike, both with praxis rings. Both been absolutely faultless and I would highly recommend them!