Kalf Flux jersey sizing vs Castelli?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited September 2018 in Road buying advice
Could anyone say how the Kalf Flux jersey (Evans exclusive brand) sizes up comprared with Castelli?

Their size chart states small is 36"-38" chest, with medium 38"-40". The flux is supposed be pretty fitted, but the arm material apparently has little stretch. Buyers reviews seem to suggedt it comes up small. I'm normally a medium in Castelli...

Quite fancy the coral colourway as a bit of a change, and it's pretty plain look appeals to me...

Hope some Flux owners can help!
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• Not sure if this is helpful but I wear XS in Rapha, S in Castelli and the XS Kalf fits me perfectly.

I got a set of bibs and jersey for £55 which is a bargain for decent kit. I think it's a bit classier looking than equivalent dhb too.
  • luv2ride
    Not sure if this is helpful but I wear XS in Rapha, S in Castelli and the XS Kalf fits me perfectly.

I got a set of bibs and jersey for £55 which is a bargain for decent kit. I think it's a bit classier looking than equivalent dhb too.
    Thanks. I was erring towards a small, so sounds about right if you think they're effectively a size down on Castelli. I also have a Rapha Proteam jersey in medium but that always felt a little too roomy for me, so based on what you've said, reinforces i should go for the small in Kalf.

Maybe the sensible thing is to get small and medium and return whichever doesnt fit, but unsure how this works with their ebay shop?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    Now purchased...£25 from Evans ebay shop, with extra 10% off promo code. Just hope it fits! Also picked up the matching summer cap for £7.55 (black with coral logo and reflective brim). Unfortunately couldnt see the matching shorts on their ebay site
  • I have a Kalf Flux Transition windproof jersey and it comes up quite close fitting in my usual size (small), but is stretchy enough to be comfortable. I don't think a medium would have been better. I also have a Gabba in medium, it fits me fine, but I don't think a small would have been too small, as the arms on the Gabba are quite loose (an old style Gabba that is, bought some years ago).

I think with the Flux, if it's anything like the Transition jersey, you should be fine with your usual size. If not, then it's Evans, so they'll always do a swap!
  • luv2ride
    I have a Kalf Flux Transition windproof jersey and it comes up quite close fitting in my usual size (small), but is stretchy enough to be comfortable. I don't think a medium would have been better. I also have a Gabba in medium, it fits me fine, but I don't think a small would have been too small, as the arms on the Gabba are quite loose (an old style Gabba that is, bought some years ago).

I think with the Flux, if it's anything like the Transition jersey, you should be fine with your usual size. If not, then it's Evans, so they'll always do a swap!
    Cheers. I'm told the windproof material on the front of the Transition jersey is quite inflexible, so woukd hope the Flux jersey has a little more give. The order is on its way, but I have a feeling the special deal finishes tonight so was in a quandary whether to order the medium as well. Probably don't need a new jersey as such, so might leave it to fate and if the small fits i'll keep :wink:

EDIT: so, the Flux jersey turned up. I think its WAY smaller than a medium Castelli (especially around the waist), so clearly should have gone medium in the Kalf after all. Kicking myself for not ordering both at the time. Shame as the jersey is super smart in the flesh, and looks really well made. Matching cap is really nice too.
  • Mine is the same same as my Castellis (I'm medium in both), but then i don't have any issues around the waist. ;-)