Which Scott roadbike to choose?

Raikzz
Raikzz Posts: 9
edited September 2018 in Road buying advice
I'm going to buy a new roadbike and i need your help, first off my options are limited to scott because of the discount i get from local dealer, so no point giving me other options

Foil 10 disc - ultegra di2 , syncros merrit 50mm carbon wheels ( anybody has info what wheels these are )

Foil 10 - same as previous one but with rim brake, price is ~500euros cheaper, is the disc brake worth 500eur ?

Foil 20 disc - mechanical ultegra and syncros aluminium wheels, price is about 1000 euros cheaper, i think di2 and syncros carbon wheels are worth the 1000 premium ?

OR

Addict RC15 disc - ultegra di2 and alu wheels, price is same as non-disc Foil10.

Addict RC20 disc- mechanical ultegra and alu wheels.

Pretty much to sum it up my question is: Foil vs Addict ( i live in flat country with no mountains) , is di2 worth about 400-500euros premium over mechanical ultegra, are disc brakes worth +500 euros , and are Syncros merrit wheels worth 600euros ?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Leaving aside the 'which bike' content, this is basically the 'disc v rim' and 'Di2 v mechanical' debates all rolled into one. Probably worth having a look at some of the other threads on these topics first.
  • Flat - Foil. It's pretty comfortable. Save money on Di2 IMO, mechanical is excellent. And if it's flat why bother with discs?

(all subjective, although I do own a mechanical ultegra Foil that I'm selling just now).
  • Well Foil doesn't have middle option , it's either Foil 20 without discs,mechanical ultegra and alu wheels vs Foil 10 with di2 and 50mm carbon wheels and it's *only* 750 euros higher, i think 750 euros for di2 and carbon wheels is a excellent deal.
  • Raikzz wrote:
    Well Foil doesn't have middle option , it's either Foil 20 without discs,mechanical ultegra and alu wheels vs Foil 10 with di2 and 50mm carbon wheels and it's *only* 750 euros higher, i think 750 euros for di2 and carbon wheels is a excellent deal.

In which case you've made your mind up.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Foil 10 with rim brakes unless you're going to ride this bike a lot in winter or in the wet, in which case discs may be preferable. Electronic shifting is great, carbon wheels look cool, and rim brakes are perfectly adequate in most situations.
  • Despite living on the flat, I'd go disc Foil over rim simply because of that utterly garbage chainstay mounted caliper.

And just to play Devils Advocate, I'd go Addict anyway 8)
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    I would get Foil 20 Disc and replace wheels with a Farsports carbon job
  • Order done , Foil 10 disc was the lucky winner :D