edited September 2018 in Pro race
Ladies and gentlemen I present you

Tezepelumab. The biologicals have arrived

Next stop gene “playing field levellers”

Comments

• Ladies and gentlemen I present you

There are thousands of labs ( probably ) working on new PEDs, chances are there’s a lot of suff waiting in the wings that won’t be detectable with current kit.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Is this just ‘anti-asthma drug - must be a ped’ or is someone actually claiming it’s a ped?

I’m really struggling with how a very selective immunosuppressant can improve vo2 (or whatever).

IF it is a ped it would be very easily found if looked for. Antibodies stay in the system for weeks.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    And if it is selective against the immune dysfunction in allergy, surely that’s what we want? Treat real disease without (at best very marginal) benefit that might be gained from salbutamol / inhaled anti-inflammatory steroids.
  • Ladies and gentlemen I present you

There are thousands of labs ( probably ) working on new PEDs, chances are there’s a lot of suff waiting in the wings that won’t be detectable with current kit.

No there isn't. Who the hell do you think will be funding them? Are you stupid?

Labs work on medical advancements funded by pharma companies and charitable donations and then people may or may not discover there is a PE benefit.

Why would there be undetectable PEDs waiting in the wings? Why not use them now?

The mind boggles.
  • I've been though a range of "Mabs" over the last few years, must have forgotten to give me the PED one...
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

No there isn't. Who the hell do you think will be funding them? Are you stupid?

Labs work on medical advancements funded by pharma companies and charitable donations and then people may or may not discover there is a PE benefit.

Why would there be undetectable PEDs waiting in the wings? Why not use them now?

The mind boggles.

Precisely this ^^

PEDs are generally performance enhancing as a side-effect of their intended clinical purpose (renal patients, in EPO's case). Suggesting that there are labs beavering away developing cycling PED's is just more of Milemuncher's utter bollox.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217

You really don't understand how the pharmaceutical industry works and the costs involved in R&D for new products do you? Sometimes it's best to keep your assertions to yourself to avoid looking stupid (probably).
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Pross wrote:
    Sometimes it's best to keep your assertions to yourself to avoid looking stupid (probably).

A practice you may engage and thus set all of us a good example.

Calm down sonny.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • epo doesn't need to move over because plenty of riders are still happy to use it.
  • john1967 wrote:
    epo doesn't need to move over because plenty of riders are still happy to use it.

How many is plenty?
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    why bother taking anything else when sabutamol is such a wonder drug? :roll:
  • FishFish wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Sometimes it's best to keep your assertions to yourself to avoid looking stupid (probably).

Calm down sonny.

Quite.
  • FishFish wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Calm down sonny.

Quite.

Yes. Far too erudite and wordy.
    Deserves better.

giphy2.gif?w=499

or maybe not.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.