Cube Attention on offer

RagnarL
RagnarL Posts: 63
edited September 2018 in MTB buying advice
Last annoying post from me. I have taken in what everyone has said reference other bikes. But could you please have have look at one more and tell me if any good for specs and value for money as it’s on offer.

https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/cube- ... -bike.html

Many thanks again

Ben

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    No and thrice no
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do you really need three threads on buying a bike?

No, it doesn't stack up against the others previously recommended but is better than some you've linked to.

Decent bits, but let down by the fork. Air forks are more easily adjustable. At sale price it's not bad. At RRP not good.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Do you really need three threads on buying a bike?

No, it doesn't stack up against the others previously recommended but is better than some you've linked to.

Decent bits, but let down by the fork. Air forks are more easily adjustable. At sale price it's not bad. At RRP not good.

Ok thanks. And yes I thought I did need 3 posts as I thought I would get more interest if I put specific branded bikes up and see if anyone had said specific bike.
  • As said the fork let's it down..
    Cube do good frames but at that price (even with the discount) the fork is a bit of a deal braker.
  • Ok thanks again, so I don't put a new thread up.....

What is classed as a good budget fork then ?what I should be looking for around this price range?

Many thanks
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    RagnarL wrote:
    Ok thanks. And yes I thought I did need 3 posts as I thought I would get more interest if I put specific branded bikes up and see if anyone had said specific bike.
    You really didn’t, it just makes it harder to track the info, in fact it turns people off.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.