RS 505 Hydraulic STI's

omegatt
omegatt Posts: 17
edited September 2018 in Workshop
Apologies if covered before, tried search to no avail.

I have above STI's unfortunately the inner RHS shifter lever seems misaligned, when shifting down, the lever doesn't return behind the outer lever, seems like the outer is preventing it coming back to the correct position, by about 2-3 mm. Have to physically put it back in place for it to happen all over again next shift. Any links or advice on what to adjust would be appreciated as the paper insert that Shimano provides is useless.

Many Thanks

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    omegatt wrote:
    Apologies if covered before, tried search to no avail.

I have above STI's unfortunately the inner RHS shifter lever seems misaligned, when shifting down, the lever doesn't return behind the outer lever, seems like the outer is preventing it coming back to the correct position, by about 2-3 mm. Have to physically put it back in place for it to happen all over again next shift. Any links or advice on what to adjust would be appreciated as the paper insert that Shimano provides is useless.

Many Thanks

You need the dealers Manual PDF (DM-BR0008-08-eng) which gives you all the set up, maintenance and adjustment info.

Just type that manual ref (in the brackets above) into google and you'll get a search result with the pdf probably as the first item. Download it and go to page 62 where it shows how to adjust the reach of the brake lever. Hopefully that will do the trick.
  • Thank you Arlowood great answer, just what I needed.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    Also check that the cable guides aren't beginning to fail, see the post below.
    viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13089841