Looking to buy a new (Used) bike

Marknadder
Marknadder Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi Everyone,

I've recently been added to the forums and first off I wanna say hello! :D

I've been riding off and on for about 8 years, but recently I joined my Uni's club team. I currently use a Trek Emonda ALR5, with the full 105 groupset, and Gaint SL1 carbon wheels.

I was looking to upgrade the frame well keeping most of the bits from the Emonda, but when I was pricing out units at my teams primary sponsor and of course bike-shop one of the managers offered up bike Gaint provided them as a demo/test unit. Bike is a 2016 ( I believe based off color) Gaint Adavanced SL full carbon. It includes the full Shimano Ultegra Di2 groupset, and most everything it arrived with. Seat post was never cut to rider height, which means I can size it perfectly for me.

They're asking for $2500 USD, which is roughly $1000 above my intended budget to upgrade. So wanted to get some feedback on what folks think, it won't include pedals or the carbon wheels but I will transfer over my own Vectors for power and my SL1's.

I think it's a reasonable deal, would have liked the wheel set that came with it, but I can't find any units for sale atm that I can compare with. Bike is clean and well kept.

What's everyone's opinion? Consider this will be my race bike for the next few years of uni.

Comments

• The ALR is a decent lightweight frame, stick some decent wheels and tyres on it, maybe a lighter groupset and ride the hell out of it
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles